Catalina 10.15.3 + RTX 2060 + MacBook Pro late 2013 15" (iGPU only) + Razer Core...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Catalina 10.15.3 + RTX 2060 + MacBook Pro late 2013 15" (iGPU only) + Razer Core X possible?  

RSS

Festmahl
(@festmahl)

Hello everyone,

I need your advice if the following combination will work, because I could not find any similar combination in the Build Guide table.

Could this combination work or will Catalina be the show stopper?

If the above listed combination could work, will I need purge-wrangler only or also purge-nvda?

Cheers

Festmahl

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Viktor G
(@viktor_g)
Eminent Member

No, it won't. There are no Nvidia drivers for RTX cards on macOS. You have to go with AMD if you want to use the eGPU outside bootcamp.

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

Festmahl liked
ReplyQuote
Festmahl
(@festmahl)

@viktor_g, Thanks for your reply.

So I would need to buy an AMD GPU, because I want to use MacOS only. Then it should work out of the box, as far as I know.

Cheers

Festmahl

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
biasuz
(@biasuz)

@festmahl

sorry man, 

there is a bit of a spat between Apple and nvidia, no one knows really really why. maybe it has something to do with CUDA, maybe past experiences where Apple suffered finantial losses... the bottom line is that Apple wont sign Catalina Nvidia drivers.

So, a RTX card is useless in mac OS.

I'm stuck with 1070 aorus gaming box... 

As a side note: as far as I have investigated, there is no FORESEEABLE change in this scenario in the future. This could be a definitive thing, for all we know.

MBP mid-17 R560 + Aorus Gaming Box

ReplyQuote