Lenovo IdeaPad 720s - 2017
---
Razer Core X
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
Koncept_Zero
(@koncept_zero)
Trusted Member

I’ve been disconnecting and turning off my XFX Thicc III nightly all week and I didn’t have a single system freeze or crash. Easily the best week of work to date. Previously, I would just sleep the mini with the egpu connected and active. 

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.5 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Sean Sullivan
(@sean_sullivan)

@mini-i5, Big thanks for your info here. I think now that they've officially released Octane X (although still in Beta) it doesn't have those limitations and seems to work fine for me on a 2020 iMac. Albeit, the same usual crashes I was getting on my pc with octane, so nothing noticeably better or worse. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sean Sullivan
(@sean_sullivan)

@marius_fanu, FileVault is a pain, so is anything else they set up at automatically with a new OS. Like, the whole cloud storage. No, thank you. I'd actually like to keep my files on my Mac and not pay for cloud 'service'. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sean Sullivan
(@sean_sullivan)

@koncept_zero, Not sure at all, what are "frequent kernel panics" ??

ReplyQuote
 of  4