Dota 2 macOS Catalina RX580 Razer Core X

Notifications
Clear all

Dota 2 macOS Catalina RX580 Razer Core X  

of  2
  RSS

Pisan
(@pisan)

@nu_ninja, for Os 10.15.6 latest version, I can't play dota2 with eGPU with built in display anymore. please help!!! thx!!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Pisan
(@pisan)

I face the problem even I go to app of Dota2.app file, but I can't tick prefer external GPU, please help if I want to play dota2 with built in display. Thx!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
frankthetank_98
(@frankthetank_98)

@andynguyen, hey bro, tried your method but there's one thing missing. I am not able to get maximum resolution in-game(2560 x 1600 for 13mbp), any ideas why? I'm using built-in screen to play btw.

ReplyQuote
Elbflorenz
(@elbflorenz)

My setup:

MPB 2017 15" iGPU Radeon Pro 560

eGPU Breakaway Box 550

Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT

My egpu worked in Catalina, but even though, in DOTA 2,  I could increase resolution and details and got 60+ fps (FullHD), I still got bad minimum frames, i.e. lag in some situations.

Due to the recent release of big sur, I took the chance to upgrade and then also setup bootcamp with the lastest Win10 release. In Win 10, even though there seem to be complicated procedures with file editing, and using older Win10 images, I just installed the modded xConnect drivers, deactivated the Pro 560, and it is now more or less running out of the box in 4k with ultra details at stable 60 fps with minimum never below 50. So I am happy.

Just for reference, as I was finding more negative than positive reviews on eGPU setups.

ReplyQuote
 of  2