Notifications
Clear all

egpu fps for unity + book of dead on rx 580  

RSS

Excubitoro
(@excubitoro)
Trusted Member

Hi,

Anyone tried running unity3D + book of the dead on egpu rx 580 or vega 56 (mac/metal). What fps do you get?

Regards,
Daniel

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Is Book of the Dead downloadable?

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Excubitoro
(@excubitoro)
Trusted Member

There is an asset if you run the unity editor:

https://unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead

they claim:

The project runs 30 fps in 1080p on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and Windows/DX11 (mid-range gaming system). It is also supported on macOS/Metal, Windows/Vulkan/DX12 as well as on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox One S.

It would be interesting to see what fps you get with rx 580, 56 and 64.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
(@zambrigo)

I would love to be part of the tests with my RX 580, as I am thinking to change it for a Vega 56/64

Please, tell me which of the download links is the one we need or put here the direct link for mac.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
sfjohansson
(@sfjohansson)

Did you guys have a go at this? Smile

I'm a unity developer and I'm tempted to get a "razer core X" with a vega 64 for my MacBook pro, hoping to get a smooth 4k experience

ReplyQuote