Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box with GTX1070 Ordered!

Notifications
Clear all

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box with GTX1070 Ordered!  

of  4
  RSS

jhujhux2
(@jhujhux2)

My Aorus arrived today and I have been tweaking it ever since. I got it working in MacOS with automate-eGPU.sh -a option.

However, I'm not finding any success in Boot Camp.

I have a late-2013 15'' GT750M Macbook Pro. I was running windows 10 and uninstalled for windows 8.1. Aorus did not appear on the device manager for either system. I plugged in the device after selecting startup disk, at the start up spinning wheel. Now I'm tweaking EFI trying to get it to work.

If anyone has any advice, please don't hesitate to contact me. If I found anything I will keep you guys posted, too.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
inventortechie
(@inventortechie)

I've just received my Auros Gaming Box yesterday. Works just fine on a Latitude 5580 w i7-7820HQ. The TB3 port has x4 support. I get a "EGPU Not Supported on this Device" during the TB3 Software recognition during the setup, but I think it's more of a warning than anything. I was running 170FPS+ in Quake Champions. Waking up from sleep, even on 3 displays is no issue. I have some ideas on what else to do w/ this box and hardware. The reason I chose it, was because of the 100W PD, which allows me to just plug into the latitude w/ 1 Cable. seriously sweet setup. I'm selling my literally 4 week old Alienware 15 R3 w/ GTX 1070, to switch over to this setup. Nothing wrong w/ the Alienware, just prefer the business style look, and about 2.5 lbs carry less weight. I also carry around a 2nd laptop, so that's part of my motivation. 

Oh, and I bought mine from Amazon for 600.00.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

Holy cow, thank for that link, Amazon will ship it to the UK! Only prob is it ends up 600 GBP...

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
David Crawford
(@david_crawford)

UK retailers now have it instock, I got mine from scan.co.uk but I think Ebuyer is slightly cheaper. Annoyingly it's still the same price as if you import it from amazon.com Smile

ReplyQuote
inventortechie
(@inventortechie)

@eightarmedpet - No problem! So far it's been working pretty good. There should be a new firmware update coming about soon to to help improve a few things 😉

ReplyQuote
SirLothar
(@sirlothar)
Eminent Member

Ok - I'm a bit screwed as I updated to High Sierra (public beta)

Nvidia drivers won't install as only go up to 10.12.6 (even asked support).

Bootcamp won't partition the drive now - maybe because of the new file system.

Currently trying parallels 12 and see if that works!

Damn it!

ReplyQuote
 of  4