GTX 1060 on MacBook pro with 750M

Notifications
Clear all

GTX 1060 on MacBook pro with 750M  

RSS

shameel
(@shameel)
Eminent Member

i set up my egpu just now. macbook pro 2013 running os with an internal 750M.

i have an akitio node with tb3-tb2 adapter with a gtx 1060 6gb installed. 

installation went smoothly with the installation script detecting the card correctly and installing the driver. 

problem is that since then, my system does not detect the egpu in the system report and neither does it boot with the egpu plugged in. 

for some reason the EGPU shows up as an NVIDIA chip model in the system report. can someone please advise

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
shameel
(@shameel)
Eminent Member

it is being detected but not properly. and i dont think it is functioning properly either as about this mac still shows a GTX750M

can someone please help

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Riss
 Riss
(@riss)
Eminent Member

Did you connect all the additional power cables to your GPU? I've got same machine (2014 model) and it happened to my setup when out of excitement I forgot to connect the additional 8+8 power cables to the GPU 😉

mid 2014 MBP 15" GT750m | Mac mini 2012 | Akitio Thunder 2 & 3 | GTX 780 3GB (flashed) | GTX Black Titan 6GB (stock) | Quadro P2000 (stock)

ReplyQuote
Gpufirstaid
(@gpufirstaid)

1. Did this work? Also does the setup now use the 750 and egpu or does the setup bypass the 750 and only use the egpu? 

ReplyQuote