Share:

[Help] Late 2016 15" MBP | AORUS GTX 1070 | System Freezes |  

RSS

(@royston_lee)
December 27, 2017 4:24 pm  

Hi. I am running a late 2016 15" MBP with AORUS GTX 1070 gaming box. The gaming box is connected to my right Thunderbolt 3 USB port (the one closest to my trackpad). I have a USB dongle on my left Thunderbolt 3 USB port (the one closest to my trackpad) that allows me to connect my mouse. I do not connect it to the gaming box due to periodic freezes / disconnects and I am unable to install F1.0 H2D firmware as I am unable to hotplug / hotunplug my Gaming Box. When I do attempt to hot unplug and hotplug, the gaming box's LED do not come back on. I followed ITSage's firmware update guide but did not receive any help.

Anyway, I have been experiencing system freezes when I play games like GTA San Andreas Multiplayer with Photoshop, Shadowplay, PlaysTV running in the background. Surprisingly, this does not happen as frequently when I play Rainbow Six Siege. My computer also freezes when I watch YouTube videos at times, suffice to say, the freezes are random. 

To describe the freeze, it's essentially where the fan of the gaming box stops spinning. My cursor hangs. Ctrl Alt Del does not work. The only wait to rectify the situation is to power off the laptop and power it on again. What is causing the problem and how can I fix it?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

milkyjoe2
(@milkyjoe2)
Eminent Member
March 10, 2018 2:53 pm  

i have a similar issue, only on a mid 2015 MBP. does your mbp have an internal discrete graphics card? mine does. i kept having the freezees in varying situations, at first it was while games were running or after only , then sometimes when they weren't or hadn't, now recently it's only if they're *not* running. i didn't have much luck asking general techsupport websites, but one guy mentioned it sounded like a gpu conflict, ie between my internal AMD card and the egpu. i have never used any script/code goalque's automate thing, but im starting to wonder if that might fix it , but i dont really  know what it does.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mikegleasonjr
(@mikegleasonjr)
Eminent Member
January 17, 2019 11:53 pm  

Did you guys resolved the issue?

ReplyQuote