Help! My MBP 2016 Flickers, even on macOS and Windows! -> Boot macOS in Safe mod...

Notifications
Clear all

Help! My MBP 2016 Flickers, even on macOS and Windows! -> Boot macOS in Safe mode to fix.  

of  2
  RSS

mahdiEgpu
(@mahdiegpu)

Also, ItSAGE

the guide is nice but not applicable for me. I don't care for macOS acceleration. Only to have a functioning eGPU in windows without any system madness

can you help?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mahdiEgpu
(@mahdiegpu)

Posted by: Yukikaze

The stock power brick would not be enough for a GTX1050Ti under load, or it will be running outside of specifications. You need a good power brick to replace it with. For the basic install, however, with the card mostly idling, the stock power brick should do fine.

I realize that but I have no choice now. Any tips man for getting this to work? Error 12 🙁

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
s3aaan
(@s3aaan)

Posted by: mahdiEgpu

Also, ItSAGE

the guide is nice but not applicable for me. I don't care for macOS acceleration. Only to have a functioning eGPU in windows without any system madness

can you help?

How is it going? did you manage to make windows bootcamp work with egpu? What are the steps that you did?

ReplyQuote
s3aaan
(@s3aaan)

The flicker of my macbook pro 2016 is back.  and this time it is worst

ReplyQuote
lukicharms
(@lukicharms)
Eminent Member

Posted by: s3aaan

The flicker of my macbook pro 2016 is back.  and this time it is worst

Did you get the flicker to stop? I'm currently having the same trouble on my 2016 Macbook 15"

ReplyQuote
Rem
 Rem
(@rem)

Hi guys, this may not fix your issue but I had a similar one with mine that I detailed in my own post a few days ago.

I've only just got it fixed now via the help of Apple Support live chat. 

Solution: Literally boot in safe mode. For me, the issue was gone booting in safe mode. Restarted normally after this and the screen flickering is completely gone.

Seems like a simple fix but honestly, I did even think about doing it.

I don't know how permanent this is going to be but hopefully this bit of info may help others, Cheers.

Rem

ReplyQuote
lukicharms
(@lukicharms)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Rem

Hi guys, this may not fix your issue but I had a similar one with mine that I detailed in my own post a few days ago.

I've only just got it fixed now via the help of Apple Support live chat. 

Solution: Literally boot in safe mode. For me, the issue was gone booting in safe mode. Restarted normally after this and the screen flickering is completely gone.

Seems like a simple fix but honestly, I did even think about doing it.

I don't know how permanent this is going to be but hopefully this bit of info may help others, Cheers.

Rem

How do you boot into safe mode and what steps did you take? 

Did you have your eGPU plugged in from the beginning or after safe boot or after the restart?

thanks in advance  

ReplyQuote
Rem
 Rem
(@rem)

Hi Lukicharms,

My particular display flicker was at all times no matter if I had an eGPU plugged in at the time. What I did to boot into safe mode is disconnect everything and hold shift after you press the power button to turn the computer on. It was all automatically boot up in safe mode. To boot up normally, just restart.

ReplyQuote
lukicharms
(@lukicharms)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Rem

Hi Lukicharms,

My particular display flicker was at all times no matter if I had an eGPU plugged in at the time. What I did to boot into safe mode is disconnect everything and hold shift after you press the power button to turn the computer on. It was all automatically boot up in safe mode. To boot up normally, just restart.

No luck with the Safe Boot, my screen still flickers and glitches

ReplyQuote
 of  2