[Help] NUC10i5FNH & MBA 11" Mid 2012- eGPU only works on windows 10 but not Big ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Help] NUC10i5FNH & MBA 11" Mid 2012- eGPU only works on windows 10 but not Big Sur  

RSS

Sony PSHome
(@sony_pshome)

I've been struggling to make the Razer Core X + RX 580 to work on both machines but fail. I lost count on how many install and reinstall the OS on both machine and tried to almost all the build guides in this forums. Surprisingly the eGPU works in windows (bootcamp) without having to install anything from bootcampdrivers

A. NUC10i5FNH 

Connection : NUC-TB3-Razer-HDMI Out-4K TV

Win 10 Pro - No issue to have 6 monitors in 4K reso.

Big Sur  - About>This mac> System report> Thunderbolt - No driver found. tested almost all available EFI but fail

B. Macbook Air 11" Mid 2012

Connection : MBA-TB2-TB3-Razer-HDMI Out-4K TV

Win 10 Pro - Display only on 4K TV, MBA screen blank

Big Sur - About>This mac> System report> Thunderbolt > Detect Razer Core X / Graphics : AMD extErnal GPU but nothing on 4K screen, the OS still using the iGPU (Intel 4000 HD)

Tried :

purge-wrangler - no change, even without purge wrangler, Big Sur still able to detect Razer and AMD, just couldn't use it.

automate-eGPU - Big Sur crashed and have to reinstall.

I read some builds with Big Sur with no issue. Sorry cause im a bit late in this eGPU game since most of the guides are few years old,. Please help me.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote