Setup & Software Discussions
[Help] Razer Core Chroma (Radeon RX 5700 XT) + 2019 Macbook Pro w/ Touch Bar

[Help] Razer Core Chroma (Radeon RX 5700 XT) + 2019 Macbook Pro w/ Touch Bar  

RSS

(@samuel_wang)

Hi first post here.

So, I keep getting the exclamation point in device manager on the icon for my Radeon card, and nothing seems to recognize it. I can install AMD drivers (using BootCampDrivers), and DDU can see the card in the text box, but attempting to open AMD settings brings up a text box "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Games also only recognize the Intel Iris Plus Graphics iGPU.

I only recently booted up my system again, and I never had any of these problems before about 6 weeks ago. I read something about a recent windows update causing a bunch of problems for eGPU setups. Could this be responsible for all the issues I'm having?

Thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@samuel_wang It’s most likely the recent Windows 10 1903 OS Build 18362.329 or 18362.356 that causes error 12 on AMD eGPU. Uninstall the Security updates so that your system go back to a version that’s more eGPU friendly.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
(@samuel_wang_1)

@itsage

So I went to windows update>view update history>Uninstall updates, but I can’t seem to uninstall any security updates: the option to uninstall just isn’t there. And do you happen to know what “KB...” update I should uninstall? Do these “KB...” updates correspond to version of windows? 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote