Help with 2018 MacBook Air + AMD Vega 64 + Razer CoreX + Windows 10  

RSS

(@mrgaolei)
November 13, 2018 2:38 am  

A week ago, I'm using 2018 Mid MacBook Pro 13' , this Article help me to using eGPU in Windows 10:
https://egpu.io/forums/builds/mid-2018-13-macbook-pro-touchbar-rx-vega-5632gbps-tb3-mantiz-venus-w10-1803-theitsage/
It's very useful.

But I sold my MBP, and bought a 2018 Late MacBook Air replace.

I tried that method, there's failed. So anybody can help MBA 2018 eGPU in Windows 10?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@the_archivalist)
November 13, 2018 9:03 am  

Does the eGPU get detected at all? Device manager? Or no?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
November 13, 2018 2:46 pm  

Open Device Manager and select View » Devices by Connection. Expand all PCI Express Root Ports you can find. Take a screen capture then post here. We will be able to provide further recommendations after seeing the PCIe components and their arrangement.

My guess is the 2018 MacBook Air will be similar to non-Touch Bar MacBook Pro. There should be Large Memory allocation but it doesn't help with AMD cards. You can start with disabling the PCIe Root port that attaches the Wireless card. Restart the system then hot-plug the eGPU to see if it can be detected.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote