Help with Late 2015 iMac 5k 27" +Akitio Thunder 2 Nvidia eGPU on High Sierra  

RSS

(@simon_danaher)
December 4, 2018 1:16 pm  

Hi

System is a late 2015 iMac 5k 27" with TB2 connected to an Akitio Thunder 2 box with an Nvidia Titan X.

This setup worked on Sierra, but I've been testing with High Sierra and it doesn't work.

With 10.12.6 I used automate-eGPU.sh 1.0.1 which resulted in a working although a little flakey system. I believe the script was modified to fix a problem with the 5k iMac, I can't recall the details though.

With 10.13.6 I can't get anything to work at all.

I've tried the macOS-eGPU.sh script but that results in a hang before getting to the desktop. Tried purge-manage, which booted and showed a generic nVidia card was present as an eGPU in system prefs but the nVidia web driver pref pane doesn't see the card at all.

Tried the EFI USB drive option but that didn't work either (kept getting file system not recognised on the stick).

I'm at a loss. Is there anything else I can try?

Look forward to your help.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@simon_danaher)
December 5, 2018 3:28 pm  

Hope this is the right subforum to post this Q?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
December 5, 2018 3:53 pm  

What is the build number of the current macOS on your iMac? It seems the Nvidia web driver is not running.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
(@simon_danaher)
December 5, 2018 3:56 pm  
Posted by: theitsage

What is the build number of the current macOS on your iMac? It seems the Nvidia web driver is not running.

Thanks for the reply. Its 10.13.6 (17G65)

ReplyQuote