High sierra+MBP 2015 with radeon r9+bizon 2s+rx580=nothing works

Notifications
Clear all

High sierra+MBP 2015 with radeon r9+bizon 2s+rx580=nothing works  

RSS

nineyears
(@nineyears)

Hello,

unfortunately I bought this solution that was sold as perfect for high sierra but here is what happens:

-plug the tb2 cable before boot...it hangs at 2/3

-plug after booting I get the message to log off and when I do that I only see a black screen

Suggestions?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

You purchased a solution that is advertised as plug'n'play. Please engage Bizon's support for which you paid a premium for. If it's unsatisfactory then consider other better TB3 enclosures options attached using the Apple TB3->TB2 adapter to your TB2 Macbook.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

If at all possible, return your Bizon 2S ASAP to get rid of it, and then buy a different enclosure. The Bizon 2S is not a true GPU enclosure, it is an AKiTiO Thunder2 board in a different body, sold at a price premium. If you keep it, then you need to be following the same guides as used by people who run AKiTiO Thunder2 setups, for example, this one.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nineyears
(@nineyears)

Posted by: Yukikaze

If at all possible, return your Bizon 2S ASAP to get rid of it, and then buy a different enclosure. The Bizon 2S is not a true GPU enclosure, it is an AKiTiO Thunder2 board in a different body, sold at a price premium. If you keep it, then you need to be following the same guides as used by people who run AKiTiO Thunder2 setups, for example, this one.

Unfortunately I bought it from Uk create.pro.

At first with a titan x that had many problems. Then they proposed me a "deal" getting back instead a 2x rx580.

Bizon support claims better support for nvidia cards.

I am stuck in this situation, please help me 

akitio thunder2 setups you suggested in the link are for 10.12

in fact i have updated to high sierra

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote