dixone
(@dixone)

Hi There,

i tried to enable the eGPU on my iMac 5k 2015 without any result... 🙁

I used the "macOS-eGPU.sh" script.

macOS 10.13.6
iMac 5k 2015 (late)
Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter Cable from Apple
Thunderbolt 2 Cable (i guess it was Apple, black)
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti

When i plug the cable into the iMac/OMEN the Graphicscard stays dark. No Light is switching on. The script cant find the eGPU.

The HP OMEN Accelerator works very well on my MacBook Pro 15" 2017 @ TB3 macOS 10.13.6

Anybody has an idea what i did wrong or what cause the problem? Would be great if someone could help here :/

Cheers from my Desktop 🙂

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
torete
(@torete)

Hi, I see that nobody answers you. Currently this happens to me, on my macbook pro in mid-2012 13" I connect and use the script and all the steps, but nothing happens with the egpu, I have replaced it and the same thing is happening. Y520 and the same thing happens, I thought maybe the graphic card could be the problem and I bought another one.
Could you solve it? I think the problem is that it does not detect the adapter correctly.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@fadi_sikhtian)

Hi - I'm a first time poster but I too was stumped by this issue until yesterday. After several abortive attempts, I was resigned to getting another GPU enclosure and ditching the Omen. I made one more effort because the 2012 Mac Mini I used in the living room bit the bullet. I have a Late 2011 MacBook Pro 17" 2.5 with a bad dGPU. I am able to successfully boot having set the nvram variable, running on 10.13.6. As long as I stick to the iGPU, everything works.  I found that gSwitch 1.7.10 by Cody Shrenk works best to restrict activity to the iGPU.  The Omen Accelerator, when plugged in using TB3-TB2 adapter directly was not recognized by the MacBook.  However, by daisy chaining behind a newly acquired Akitio thunder3 Quad X - 4-bay Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive enclosure, I saw it light up and be seen in System Report.  The Akitio by itself was always working and it seems connecting the Omen behind gave it some extra juice. However, System Report could never recognize the graphics card I tried, a Gigabyte RX580 gaming GPU.  Once I executed the macOS-eGPU.sh script and after a couple of choppy reboots, everything came up perfectly. The RX580 controls my SAMSUNG TV while the HD3000 continues to run on the internal display. So if you were about to splash on a different enclosure, consider spending the dosh instead on a thunder quad or thunder quad mini and get something in return for the extra $$. Good luck.

This post was modified 8 months ago

itsage liked
ReplyQuote