iMac 27inch 5k, will eGPU work as I want on mac OS
My system is
2015 Late iMac 27 inch 5K with
- i7 4.0 Ghz
- 32GB memory
- 1tb SSD
- M390 2gb dgpu
I am currently using Dell P2415Q 4k monitor as external monitor
I do not use Windows.
What I am wondering is
1) Can I use eGPU for mac Games (e.g., Tomb raider series) on my internal display (with window mode)?
2) Can I use eGPU for mac Games on my external display?
3) Can I add one more 4k monitor and run it at 60hz (so in total 2 4K monitor at 60hz , as far as I know, my mac system does not support such a setup) using eGPU?
I am pretty much sure that I can do 2), but not sure about 1) and 3).
I would appreciate any answers or opinions.
2) Yes, performs better than #1
3) Add as many 4K monitors as you like. Six per AMD GPU (depending on how many outputs the GPU has). Up to four GPUs.
@joevt, Thank you for your reply. I successfully setup eGPU with the above-mentioned setup. The setup was super easy and overall I am happy with the performance. Thanks