Setup & Software Discussions
iMac Late 2017 with Mantiz External Box ...

iMac Late 2017 with Mantiz External Box and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Octane Not Working?  

RSS

jon81
(@jon81)
Sep 6, 2018 5:22 pm  

Hey everyone, I hope someone can help a designer with no clue to hardware lol.

I currently have the iMac Late 2017 with Mantiz External Box and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.
I used the code / script from the awesome fr34k and all seemed to install ok.

I am a designer/3d artist so have C4D and wanted to install Octane. However having problems... it doesn't seem to be coming up in the C4D menu (plugins)

Unsure what I have done to be honest. Totally out of my depth...

After I installed the eGPU (with fr34k guide) do I need to install anything else for the card to work/reconise c4d/octane?

I would be extremeily greatful if anyone could help.

thank you!
J

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@pradeep_sakharelia)
Sep 30, 2018 11:35 pm  

Have you had any luck resolving eGPU detacting problem in C4d with Octane plugin? Because, i am going to try day after tomorrow the same thing as what you are trying achieve. 
My hardware are 
Macbook pro 2018, Nvidia GeForce 1070 ti, Sonnet breakaway box 350, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
I'm not sure if i be able to get it work for C4d with Octane plugin with an eGPU. Also, confused where to start from, which script to use!
Please let me know if you get it work. Cheers

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote