Setup & Software Discussions
imacpro + 1080 + 780ti. 2nd egpu shows only Nvidia chip model

imacpro + 1080 + 780ti. 2nd egpu shows only Nvidia chip model  

RSS

frmind
(@frmind)

Hi, I have a imacpro running 10.13.6 and Gigabyte 1080 gaming box and razer coreX with 780ti. One egpu works fine without any issues. but when I connect 2nd egpu the 2nd one shows only "Nvidia chip model" . The first egpu still works fine. any help will be appreciated.
Used this script : https://github.com/mayankk2308/purge-wrangler#pre-requisites

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

@frmind, this issue is known with MacOSX. I haven't tested it with natively supported Kepler cards, but with newer cards, you can have only one nVidia card in MacOSX. In Bootcamp you can have more, one for each TB3-controller.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
frmind
(@frmind)

Thanks. trying to work out with 2 x egpu in mac osx

Heard that Mohave has better multi-GPU support but no CUDA driver for 3D GPU rendering.

Please let me know if anyone has succeed , tried or field with multi Nvidia egpu on mac

This post was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

I can't test it at the moment, because atm I have only one eGPU enclosurewhere I can change the GPU. Two non-Kepler cards will not work, that is fact. You may pair your GTX 780 Ti (what a fine card btw) with another Kepler card. Try with or without nVidia WebDriver and tell us the result! It's very interesting.

This post was modified 3 months ago

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote