Late 2013 MP + Razer Core X + Radeon RX5700XT failed purge-wrangler attempt. THA...

Notifications
Clear all

Late 2013 MP + Razer Core X + Radeon RX5700XT failed purge-wrangler attempt. THANK YOU in advance for any help and guidance  

RSS

raptor046
(@raptor046)

As soon as I hit set up eGPU and plugged in the eGPU it recognized the Radeon 5700XT and then immediately all the screens lost input....everything went black.  I am usually a guy who just figures things out but feel over my head.  Any help would be appreciated.

I would also add that when I start the computer with with the eGPU off and then turn it on, I do see the eGPU icon pop up in the menu bar.  Then everything goes black.  So while thinking about it,if I do see the icon purge-wrangler worked?  That said, once I plug in the eGPU all monitors lose input, but computer is still running.

So this is evolving.  I just started again and when I plugged in the eGPU and before all monitors lost input I checked the icon and it said NO EGPU.

This topic was modified 9 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
raptor046
(@raptor046)

So ran it again and did not let it auto detect.  I answered the questions and it now works. I am having some issues on boot.  Trying to figure that out now.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@raptor046, Known issue with Navi + TB2 mac. If you read through the beginner's guide:

Spoiler
Excerpt from Beginner's Guide

F2The script cannot automatically apply patches if the eGPU enclosure you are using is marked unsupported by macOS. In this scenario, the Ti82 patch will be automatically applied, but you will have to provide more information about the GPU vendor. Patching will proceed as normal after. For detailed information, see the FAQ. In another scenario, it may be possible that script auto-detection may cause a crash. This is an issue with Navi GPUs currently (#44). Just set up the eGPU without connecting it to the Mac. Once patching completes and system is rebooted, the eGPU should work as expected.

Plug in eGPU only to bottom two ports to resolve boot issues. Problem is specific to 2013 Mac Pro.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote