Mac mini 2018/Razer Core/Big Sur: MSI Aero 560 works but Sapphire Pulse 580 8 GB...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Mac mini 2018/Razer Core/Big Sur: MSI Aero 560 works but Sapphire Pulse 580 8 GB does not  

RSS

Duesentrieb
(@duesentrieb)

As the title says. The MSI 560 works perfectly fine (booting directly with egpu), the Sapphire 580 boots incl. logo, but then the desktop freezes instantly.

The 580 runs fine under Win10 on a PC.

Any hints/tricks appreciated.

Thanks

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

What OS (and version)?

How is it connected? You've plugged in all the power cables right? There have been quite a few posts where the eGPU's just haven't been put together correctly. 

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Duesentrieb
(@duesentrieb)

@eightarmedpet, Thanks for replying.

All cables in (the 560 boots and performs via TB nicely), System, 11.1, Mac via TB to Razer via HDMI to Dell U2414. Tried DP too without success.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Duesentrieb
(@duesentrieb)

Works now.

Saw in another thread about the bios switch, which my 580 has, and in the "non-gaming" bios mode it works perfectly fine now.

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote