Mac Pro 6,1(nMP or late 2013) + EVGA GTX 980 TI + AKiTiO Box 2 no kext loaded  

RSS

sotger
(@sotger)

Hi! 

I am on macOS 10.12.6 (16G29) and I can't see my GPU in System Information

This is immediately after mac boot:

log show --last 3m | grep NVDA

2017-11-04 20:58:57.151649+0200 0x30c      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (IOPCIFamily) Driver "NVDAStartupWeb" needs "IOPCITunnelCompatible" key in plist

2017-11-04 20:58:57.177327+0200 0x49a      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (IOPCIFamily) Driver "NVDAStartupWeb" needs "IOPCITunnelCompatible" key in plist

My AKiTio is detected good

I ran the script as specified in the instructions by insert to terminal this:

curl -o ~/Desktop/automate-eGPU.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goalque/automate-eGPU/7192c79bda052bff92428700b59b652b30e6ab4d/automate-eGPU.sh

Script install web drivers then add record to IOPCITunnelCompatible and finally tells me All succesfully done. But kext is not loading...

Maybe I missed something?.. Any ideas?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
yescaptain
(@yescaptain)
Eminent Member

I got the same issue

MacPro6,1(nMP or late 2013) + MSI 1080 Ti + Akitio Node (TB3>TB2 adapter) = no kext loaded.

Anyone got some ideas? Upgrade to High Sierra? (currently on El Capitan 10.11.5)

2 x Akitio Node + 2 x 1080Ti + TB2>TB3 + 2013 Mac Pro Trashcan

ReplyQuote
sotger
(@sotger)

I've already done something here)

Here is a list of actions to be followed, that it would work:

0. Connect any display to your eGPU

1. Reboot in Recovery mode (cmd+R)

2. Disable SIP ("csrutil disable" in Terminal)

3. Reboot in normal mode, hot plug eGPU, open Terminal, copy and paste this:

cd ~/Desktop && curl -o automate-eGPU.sh  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goalque/automate-eGPU/master/automate-eGPU.sh   && chmod +x automate-eGPU.sh && sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh

4. Shutdown (not reboot)

5. Unplug eGPU and Start your mac

6. Hot plug eGPU and rerun script

cd ~/Desktop && sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh

7. Shutdown

8. Try to start with eGPU plugged in(Display must be connected to your card). If you hear start chime, you are succesfully done )

If not, do the following:

If you did not hear the startup sound press and hold power button until mac turn off. Wait 2 second and press power button again.

Repeat this until you will hear startup chime.

In my case, every time I connect eGPU to play a game, I have 2-3 attempts.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sotger
(@sotger)

This is not an ideal way, but it looks like there is no other way yet.

There are some another way here:

http://www.macvidcards.com/gtx-750-ti--970--980--980-ti--titan-x-doesnrsquot-finish-booting.html

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sotger, how are you powering the GTX 980 Ti?

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
sotger
(@sotger)

Posted by: itsage

@sotger, how are you powering the GTX 980 Ti?

homemade power supply 500W

ReplyQuote