Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro 13 2017 / Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5  

RSS

yvesyves
(@yvesyves)

Hi there,

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from France 🙂

I'm facing a huge issue with my setup and I've tried to test some solutions finds here on the forum but any works ...

I have a MacBook Pro 13 2017 plug to a LG UltraFine 27UL850-W.

I just receive my Razer Core X with aSapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 (overclock). He's plug with a DisplayPort 4k cable to the LG screen.

When I plug the USBC, the Macbook freeze. I tried to disconnect the GPU from the Razer many times... to check the alimentation ... to check with another usb3 cable but it's still freeze... I even clean instal mac OS X ! 

The only way to see the egpu connected is the plug it directly to the MacBook without the LG. At this moment I can see the egpu indicator on my bar menu and the AMD Radeon RX 580 appear. I was able to open After Affect 2 min before facing some freeze + Kernel Panic ...

Good to know : when the power mode is ON on the egpu, the GPU fan run very loud then 5 sec later it's totally off. With the screen and MacBook only configuration. 

Let me know if you can help me.

Thank you so much guys.

Best regards,

Yves

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote