Setup & Software Discussions
Macbook pro 15inch 2016 - OS 10.14.6 - Razer Core X Chroma - ZOTAC GAMING GeForc...

Macbook pro 15inch 2016 - OS 10.14.6 - Razer Core X Chroma - ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme  

RSS

leafdog
(@leafdog)

Hello All! 

New to the group so go easy on me! 

This is my setup components:

Macbook pro 15inch 2016 - OS 10.14.6 - Razer Core X Chroma - ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme

Im trying to build a TB3 setup for Davinci Resolve.

I've got everything setup and purge wrangler script run, which seems to work and install ok. 

Card is not detected at all (it lights up when I plug in but no display on external monitor or GPU listing in preferences....

Is it because i'm running 10.14.6? 

Any help greatly appreciated

thank you!!!!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Yes.
There are no Nvidia drivers for macOS 10.14+ and no Nvidia RTX drivers for any macOS. 
Sorry.

Best bet?
Either grab a current gen Vega 56/64 or wait for RX5700 XT support.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
leafdog
(@leafdog)

@eightarmedpet

Hey! Thank you for your kind reply... 

If I rolled back the OS to 10.14, would that work? if it was older drivers?

I thought people had RTX2080 cards working in mac os.......

Thank you!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
reptilianbrain
(@reptilianbrain)
Trusted Member

@leafdog - you need 10.13 for Nvidia to work. 

I am not sure about 2080 cards - I am using 1080 myself

MBP 2013 750M + Akitio [email protected]GTX1080 (Zotac Mini)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

No way to use RTX/Turing cards in macOS. Nvidia never released macOS drivers for them. If you need Nvidia eGPU in macOS, the best card is GTX 1080 Ti on 10.13.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
soocoo
(@soocoo)

Banking off of this, is there a way to get an external monitor to be recognized through an RTX 2080 Ti using an eGPU setup on macOS 10.14.X? I have an eGPU setup working already on my Windows partition, and it would be nice to not have to unplug any cables when switching between the OS. I am unfamiliar with how the card itself works but can it pass a display signal through it without the proper drivers from Nvidia? I don't need the performance from the card on macOS.

2018 MacBook Pro 15" + macOS 10.14/Windows 10 Bootcamp + Razer Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 Ti + Samsung X5 SSD

ReplyQuote
leafdog
(@leafdog)

Posted by: @itsage

No way to use RTX/Turing cards in macOS. Nvidia never released macOS drivers for them. If you need Nvidia eGPU in macOS, the best card is GTX 1080 Ti on 10.13.

Rodger that.... Thank you!

Posted by: @leafdog

Hello All! 

New to the group so go easy on me! 

This is my setup components:

Im trying to build a TB3 setup for Davinci Resolve.

I've got everything setup and purge wrangler script run, which seems to work and install ok. 

Card is not detected at all (it lights up when I plug in but no display on external monitor or GPU listing in preferences....

Is it because i'm running 10.14.6? 

Any help greatly appreciated

thank you!!!!

I'm trying to build a Davinci resolve station with this setup for editing and grading video. Does anyone think dual booting into linux would help with running the RTX 2080 on the macbook?

This post was modified 1 week ago

ReplyQuote