macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update 2 for MacBook Pro (2018)

Notifications
Clear all

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update 2 for MacBook Pro (2018)  

of  3
  RSS

Notorious826
(@notorious826)
Eminent Member

Hey Guys,

It looks like Apple released a new 10.13.6 Supplemental Update for us early adopters of the Mid 2018 MacBook Pro.

Screen Shot 2018 09 01 at 8.14.12 PM

Any idea what this patch does and/or if it is safe to update or not?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
(@garcia_cesar)

my EGPU Aorus NVIDIA 1070 is not working anymore after this update!!  🙁  
Anyone knows how to fix it?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@garcia_cesar reapply patches in macOS. Needs to be done after every update.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ningauble77
(@ningauble77)
Estimable Member

The second supplemental update was to fix T2-based kernel panics and audio driver issues in MacOS, and to apply the thermal management fixes from the previous update to bootcamp.  I can now get optimal performance in bootcamp in cpu intensive apps without having to set thermal limits in XTU.

2019 16 Macbook Pro + Core v2 + Radeon VII MacOS 10.15.1
Core X Chroma + RTX 2080 Windows 10 1909
Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3, Ryzen 5 3400G + Core v2 + Radeon VII Win10 1909

2019 ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 [R3K,4C,G] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V2) + Win10 1909 [build link]  

nanoBit liked
ReplyQuote
Notorious826
(@notorious826)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Ningauble77

The second supplemental update was to fix T2-based kernel panics and audio driver issues in MacOS, and to apply the thermal management fixes from the previous update to bootcamp.  I can now get optimal performance in bootcamp in cpu intensive apps without having to set thermal limits in XTU.

@ningauble77 oh wow, that is incredible news! I've been running my CPU at 90% Max Performance in the Power Plan Settings in order to avoid Thermal Throttling. I'm excited to see the results in Bootcamp after this update.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@ningauble77 Can confirm this myself on a 2018 15" MBP 2.6G. Cores are throttled still via firmware per logs, but not by a lot (seen 4.1GHz on all cores via HWiNFO64 sometimes).

Master Threads:
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@garcia_cesar)

@mac_editor thank you for your answer. But how I reapply patches in MacOs ? can you provide any tutorial or indications that could help? last time I setup my EGPU was last month and was following this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=139&v=l-GOx9ttdKk

thank you.

ReplyQuote
Dread
(@dread)

Posted by: mac_editor

@garcia_cesar reapply patches in macOS. Needs to be done after every update.

I too have this same problem, could you explain what you mean by "reapply patches"?

I've tried running macos-egpu.sh again but get the same error all the time: "A system file (wrangler), has been replaced and does not fit to the system. You must revert those changes in order to continue. You can also upgrade to the latest supported release or reinstall macOS."

I figured purge wrangler was something i needed to do so i ran that and it made no difference, could anyone provide some instructions?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

When you update the OS, any patches made using scripts are undone. So for whatever script you used, reinstall the patches by following the instructions for that script. Don't mix scripts - stick to one. If you want to start with a clean system, just reinstall macOS on top of your existing installation.

Master Threads:
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

ReplyQuote
(@lance_revestir)

I've also tried to install the exact same way posted by fr34k and it comes up with the same message as previous users report. system file (wrangler) has been replaced..... 

could you write up a tutorial on how to reinstall the patches. 

ReplyQuote
 of  3