macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update 2 for MacBook Pro (2018)

Notifications
Clear all

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update 2 for MacBook Pro (2018)  

of  3
  RSS

danmeyerphoto
(@danmeyerphoto)
Eminent Member

Did anyone get this figured out?   I see the instructions to run the patch again but there seems to be some confusion on how to do that and not sure if it fixed the issue yet.   Anyone have any success?

I am having the same issue.

eGPU: Akitio Node Pro : EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ultra) 2018 MacBook Pro 13" i7 Quad-core, 16 GB Ram, 2 TB ssd

ReplyQuote
danmeyerphoto
(@danmeyerphoto)
Eminent Member

yeah the purge-wrangler  menu is not working for me.

I reinstalled the patch , reboot. - did not work

[img] [/img]

eGPU: Akitio Node Pro : EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ultra) 2018 MacBook Pro 13" i7 Quad-core, 16 GB Ram, 2 TB ssd

ReplyQuote
Native Color
(@native-color)

I just installed all updates after being reticent to do so.  I've had 100% success with this version on the 2018 i9 MBP:   https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/script-enable-egpu-on-tb1-2-macs-on-macos-10-13-4/

You can only install this.  If you try and install two different solutions it will not work.  I used to use Fr34ks script because it was a simple one size fits all route but it was pretty unstable for me in various scenarios.  Purge Wrangler has given me the most luck.  Try it out.  

This probably means you're going to have to format your MBP install all updates and then install Purge Wrangler.  You could do it out of order:  Format, Install Purge Wrangler, Install Updates.  But then you'll need to reinstall Purge Wrangler after the update completes to make the script functional again.  This has always been the case after any software updates.  

The key seams to be not to mix solutions--and use Purge Wrangler.

MBP Late 2016, 2.9 MBP 2018, 2017 iMac, Mac Mini.

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

Try reinstalling the driver:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

and then reapply patches

EFI solution should be easier.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
García César
(@garcia_cesar)

you are a genius!!! this one works!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
danmeyerphoto
(@danmeyerphoto)
Eminent Member

Is there a difference between 

Nvidia Web Driver - 387.10.10.15.15.108--> build 17G2307 

Nvidia Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.40.105 --> build 17G65

??

I used the purg wrangler route. Which installed the   387.10.10.10.40.105. Do I need to update the driver or install a different version?  

ReplyQuote
danmeyerphoto
(@danmeyerphoto)
Eminent Member

Posted by: García César

you are a genius!!! this one works!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

@garcia_cesar you had good luck with this route?

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@danmeyerphoto That script will also install the same driver, as the 17G2307 version was pulled I think (I tried on Mojave and the 17G65 version was recommended - the script I believe recommends the latest available for a beta). If the purge-wrangler menu does not work for whatever reason, re-use the long command on the forum.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
danmeyerphoto
(@danmeyerphoto)
Eminent Member

Posted by: mac_editor

@danmeyerphoto That script will also install the same driver, as the 17G2307 version was pulled I think (I tried on Mojave and the 17G65 version was recommended - the script I believe recommends the latest available for a beta). If the purge-wrangler menu does not work for whatever reason, re-use the long command on the forum.

@mac_editor so just to clarify I should uninstall the  script via purge wrangler menu.  And perform fresh resintall of the script from scratch? 

Or can I just reinstall the original script over what is already there?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@danmeyerphoto The script will automatically overwrite what's necessary, no worries. Just run the long command and it should fix the menu issue for future use.

For your setup, I'd recommending doing the system recovery and removing all modded components and web drivers. Then try again with Option #2.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  3