macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) - Radeon™ R9 200 series GV-R9...

Notifications
Clear all

macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) - Radeon™ R9 200 series GV-R928XOC-3GD - MANTIZ  

RSS

Apple
(@apple)

Hello,

I have a question.

I will run the card: Radeon ™ R9 200 series GV-R928XOC-3GD in the MANTIZ box on macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

After installing the PurgeWrangler (5.1.1) the card windmills work differently. But the system still does not show the card.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Did you enable Legacy AMD in the script? The R9 280x shares the same drivers as HD 7970 and D700 in the Mac Pro 6,1.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

Apple liked
ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

Thank you for your response.

I guess so: https://imgur.com/a/1Bdw95E

ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

I installed High Sierra and it works. Looks like a software problem. How can I help with the transfer of logs?

ReplyQuote
shoes70
(@shoes70)

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue with my MBP 13" 2018 with a Sonnet 650 enclosure. I'll be upgrading the card soon enough but figured I'd use the R9 while I'm waiting ... but no luck.

ReplyQuote
Piipperi800
(@piipperi800)
Eminent Member

Same here, using the R9 280 getting no signal on Catalina. Has anyone found a way to get around?

MacBook Pro 15" Late 2013, Sonnet Breakaway Box 550, AMD RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote