Setup & Software Discussions
macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) - Radeon™ R9 200 series GV-R9...

macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) - Radeon™ R9 200 series GV-R928XOC-3GD - MANTIZ    

RSS

Apple
(@apple)

Hello,

I have a question.

I will run the card: Radeon ™ R9 200 series GV-R928XOC-3GD in the MANTIZ box on macOS Mojave 10.14.2 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

After installing the PurgeWrangler (5.1.1) the card windmills work differently. But the system still does not show the card.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Did you enable Legacy AMD in the script? The R9 280x shares the same drivers as HD 7970 and D700 in the Mac Pro 6,1.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

109 external GPU build guides

Apple liked
ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

Thank you for your response.

I guess so: https://imgur.com/a/1Bdw95E

ReplyQuote
Apple
(@apple)

I installed High Sierra and it works. Looks like a software problem. How can I help with the transfer of logs?

ReplyQuote
shoes70
(@shoes70)

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue with my MBP 13" 2018 with a Sonnet 650 enclosure. I'll be upgrading the card soon enough but figured I'd use the R9 while I'm waiting ... but no luck.

ReplyQuote