MacOS Mojave + Akitio Node + AMD RX480 goes to Black screen!  

RSS

jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member
September 16, 2018 6:57 am  

Hello everybody, I know that there are many others topics about that, but the others are about Mac OS 10.13 and not about Mojave! My configuration is:

MacBookPro With TB, Late 2016, 13"
Akitio Node
XFX AMD RX440
MacOS Mojave Beta Build 18A389 (I think Beta 11)
SIP Disabled

My Akitio Node is connected to an external display. It get's recognized when I plug it in, and I get the tray icon that let's me eject it. The screen is also recognized properly, and the external display turns on and receives a signal. But the signal is black... the internal screen of my MacBook works correctly as second screen! If I reboot the MacBookPro, everything works fine.

Any idea?

Thank you as always!

J.

late-2016 13" MacBook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo_piccinini)
November 6, 2018 1:45 pm  

I have same problem with eGPU RX580 and Mbp 2012 with nvdia built gpu. Have you solved it?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member
November 6, 2018 2:28 pm  

Unfortunately not yet! Although I have the latest installed beta version! I add an other detail about my configuration, between the Node and the external screen, I connected an external HDMI hub/switch.

late-2016 13" MacBook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo_piccinini)
December 13, 2018 1:04 pm  

Have tried disabling internal GPU?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member
December 13, 2018 1:34 pm  

@lorenzo_piccinini Hi Lorenzo, do you know how do it in MacOS?

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

jefniro liked
ReplyQuote
gscaduto
(@gscaduto)
December 23, 2018 5:25 pm  

Hi

i have :

MacBook Pro 13 2016 Touch Bar - - MacOS Mojave + Akitio Node + AMD RX580
Error 12 in boot camp windows 10!! I try many solution but not work!! 
Help me!!
Thanks!!
Gabriele 

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
gscaduto
(@gscaduto)
December 24, 2018 9:45 am  

you have the same configuration:
late-2016 13" MacBook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + macOS & Win10

how to resolve the error 12?

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member
December 24, 2018 9:52 am  

From my guide... 

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/late-2016-13-macbook-pro-tb-i7-akitio-node-xfx-amd-rx480-black-edition-macos-windows-10/

"I have found the error 12 in Windows OS, I tried every step here, the only one that has worked for me it's to Perform a DSDT override (Windows in Test mode)" 

ReplyQuote
gscaduto
(@gscaduto)
December 24, 2018 10:33 am  

I read the with I usb boot resolve error 12, you have the my same system, can you condivide with me your usb boot file?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
gscaduto
(@gscaduto)
December 26, 2018 12:17 pm  

It’s works!!!

I use boot from automate-egpu and i disable 1 of thunderbolt port to leave memory for my egpu (akitio node + rx580)!!

thanks!!!

jefniro liked
ReplyQuote