2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Thunder3) + m...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Thunder3) + macOS 10.12 & Win10 [roqpir]  

of  3
  RSS

roqpir
(@roqpir)

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this community so hello to all of you. Just got my first eGPU - the BizonBox 3. On MacOS everything works perfect. But my Bootcamp Win 10 setup won't let me us it.

I get the Code 12 Error everytime i try to install it. I tried to disable and re-enable the PCI Bridges, but this does not seem to work. 

No I want to try the DSDS override Method. But the terminal (executed as prompted admin) won't let me us "cd c:/ials" or whatever i need do that (the first command in the Guide in this forum). It tells me access denied.  

Any suggestions? Thanks Smile

Kind regards Julian

Here's a collection of BizonBox 3  photos posted:

2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Thunder3) + macOS 10.12 & Win10 [build link]  

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Welcome aboard.

The instructions at https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/#post-716 require use of Command Prompt (run as administrator) to work.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@roqpir how's installation process of your BizonBox 3? I was not aware it's already in customers' hands. We'd love to see photos of your BizonBox 3 eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)

@nando4 Thank you so much! Everything is working now thanks to this guide. Is there any way to disable my testmode without losing the function of the eGPU? I can't install Optimus and I don't have any idea on how to get it working. Advise? Sorry for aksing repeatedly Smile

@itsage Installation on MacOS went fast and without problems so far. I can clearly see improvements in gaming and 3D modeling Software. But installation with Windows 10 (Bootcamp) is quite a mess. It takes time to understand what you have to do, especially if you haven't done something like this before.

I have a MacbookPro 13" late 2016 W/TB i7 and I'm running a GT 980 Ti for those who are asking Smile

2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Thunder3) + macOS 10.12 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

@roqpir, did you see my copyright notice during the macOS installation? Is there Automate-eGPU folder in /Library/Application\ Support/ or automate-eGPU.sh in /usr/local/bin?

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Nice one there.

To avoid using test signing mode you'd need a pre-boot DSDT injection mechanism to overwrite the in-memory version. That's possible with eGPU Setup 1.31 software if using MBR partitions. Your system uses GPT so would need to be done via say Clover bootloader. This looks like the easiest guide on how to do that:  https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dsdt-with-clover.188393/

Goalque explains the steps needed to activate Optimus: https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/thunderbolt-3-egpu-with-late-2016-macbook-pro/#post-49

Posted by: roqpir

@nando4 Thank you so much! Everything is working now thanks to this guide. Is there any way to disable my testmode without losing the function of the eGPU? I can't install Optimus and I don't have any idea on how to get it working. Advise? Sorry for aksing repeatedly Smile

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@roqpir Can you post more photos of your BizonBox 3? How many Thunderbolt 3 ports are in the back of this enclosure?

I'm not aware of any eGPU setup with AMD card works in macOS through Thunderbolt 3. If you have a Radeon GPU, we'd like to know whether it works on this BizonBox 3. Thank you!

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)

@goalque, Sorry i did not see your copyright notice or anything else. Probably because i wasn't especially looking for that. I'm gonna check that out and tell you later where the automate-eGPU folder is located. I'm not at home right now. 

Sorry guys, I was a little bit busy through the holidays. Happy New Year to everyone! 
Here are some more photos of my BizonBox 3.

[ posted on opening post ]

goalque, itsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)

[ picture posted on opening post ] 
I'm going to open the Box to show you how it is looking from the inside. I will upload this pictures at the evening.

ikir, itsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

The case is very nice indeed!

MacBook Pro 2020 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.3Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  3