late-2016 13" Macbook Pro + GTX980Ti@32Gbps-TB3 (BizonBox 3) + OSX/Win10 [roqpir]^  

roqpir
(@roqpir)
December 29, 2016 2:16 am  

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this community so hello to all of you. Just got my first eGPU - the BizonBox 3. On MacOS everything works perfect. But my Bootcamp Win 10 setup won't let me us it.

I get the Code 12 Error everytime i try to install it. I tried to disable and re-enable the PCI Bridges, but this does not seem to work. 

No I want to try the DSDS override Method. But the terminal (executed as prompted admin) won't let me us "cd c:/ials" or whatever i need do that (the first command in the Guide in this forum). It tells me access denied.  

Any suggestions? Thanks 🙂

Kind regards Julian

Here's a collection of BizonBox 3  photos posted:

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
December 29, 2016 3:37 am  

@roqpir how's installation process of your BizonBox 3? I was not aware it's already in customers' hands. We'd love to see photos of your BizonBox 3 eGPU.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

66 external GPU build guides

ikir liked
ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)
December 29, 2016 5:53 pm  

@nando4 Thank you so much! Everything is working now thanks to this guide. Is there any way to disable my testmode without losing the function of the eGPU? I can't install Optimus and I don't have any idea on how to get it working. Advise? Sorry for aksing repeatedly 🙂

@theitsage Installation on MacOS went fast and without problems so far. I can clearly see improvements in gaming and 3D modeling Software. But installation with Windows 10 (Bootcamp) is quite a mess. It takes time to understand what you have to do, especially if you haven't done something like this before.

I have a MacbookPro 13" late 2016 W/TB i7 and I'm running a GT 980 Ti for those who are asking 🙂

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin
December 29, 2016 7:12 pm  

@roqpir, did you see my copyright notice during the macOS installation? Is there Automate-eGPU folder in /Library/Application\ Support/ or automate-eGPU.sh in /usr/local/bin?

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi
--
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + Vega64@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS & Win10
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + GTX980/RX580@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS10.13 & Win10

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 29, 2016 8:15 pm  

Nice one there.

To avoid using test signing mode you'd need a pre-boot DSDT injection mechanism to overwrite the in-memory version. That's possible with eGPU Setup 1.31 software if using MBR partitions. Your system uses GPT so would need to be done via say Clover bootloader. This looks like the easiest guide on how to do that:  https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dsdt-with-clover.188393/

Goalque explains the steps needed to activate Optimus: https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/thunderbolt-3-egpu-with-late-2016-macbook-pro/#post-49

Posted by: roqpir

@nando4 Thank you so much! Everything is working now thanks to this guide. Is there any way to disable my testmode without losing the function of the eGPU? I can't install Optimus and I don't have any idea on how to get it working. Advise? Sorry for aksing repeatedly 🙂

2013 15" Dell Latitude E6540 HD8790M + RX580@4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + macOS 10.13.5 & Win10
2013 15" HP ZBook 15 K610M + RX580@4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10
--
eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference TableeGPU Setup 1.35

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
December 30, 2016 11:50 pm  

@roqpir Can you post more photos of your BizonBox 3? How many Thunderbolt 3 ports are in the back of this enclosure?

I'm not aware of any eGPU setup with AMD card works in macOS through Thunderbolt 3. If you have a Radeon GPU, we'd like to know whether it works on this BizonBox 3. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)
January 3, 2017 12:45 pm  

@goalque, Sorry i did not see your copyright notice or anything else. Probably because i wasn't especially looking for that. I'm gonna check that out and tell you later where the automate-eGPU folder is located. I'm not at home right now. 

Sorry guys, I was a little bit busy through the holidays. Happy New Year to everyone! 
Here are some more photos of my BizonBox 3.

[ posted on opening post ]

ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)
January 3, 2017 12:46 pm  

[ picture posted on opening post ]

I'm going to open the Box to show you how it is looking from the inside. I will upload this pictures at the evening.

ikir, theitsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Honorable Member
January 3, 2017 2:50 pm  

The case is very nice indeed!

eGPU.it | LG 34" 4K 34UC88 curved ultrawide display
MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD --> my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Honorable Member
January 3, 2017 4:52 pm  

So, is this thing indeed an Akitio Thunder3 PCB with a new casing and power supply, that costs more than the bloody Razer Core?

My eGPU Zoo - Link to my Implementations.
Want to output 4K@60Hz out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
January 3, 2017 6:02 pm  

Thank you @roqpir for the pictures. We're looking forward to seeing inside pictures of the BizonBox 3. Was macOS installation through a .dmg file or .pkg installer?

Going by the vertical layout of two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one DisplayPort, this BizonBox 3 is definitely using the same Thunderbolt 3 board as the AKiTiO Thunder3. From my testings, this Thunderbolt board with TI82 controller allows eGPU through an Nvidia card. AMD card is a no go atm.

ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)
January 6, 2017 5:40 pm  

Here are the promised pictures of my box' inside. @theitsage I had tu run a "command.file". After that i had to install the BizonBox DeviceManager through the "Bizon.prefPane" file. 

What do I have to do to get my eGPU pre-booted? I know that I'm likely going to need the eGPU Setup 1.31 Software. But I don't know what I have to do exactly. I got everything working except for the test signing mode. Thx

[ picture posted on opening post ]

ikir, theitsage and Yukikaze liked
ReplyQuote
frozenranger
(@frozenranger)
January 6, 2017 7:18 pm  

Hello everyone!

This is a great website it is my first time here! I have the 2016 MBP 15, with the radeon 455 graphics card. I am considering getting the bizon box 3 and the 980 ti. It appears that the bizon box 3 works will in macos. However some games don't work in mac os and need win10 bootcamp.

How successful have you guys been at getting the bizon box 3 to work in win10 bootcamp on the new 2016 mbp? Do you get the same performance boost? Have you been able to get out of test mode and use the card normally in win10 with bizon box 3?

Thank you,

Pete 

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin
January 6, 2017 9:42 pm  

One of the customers emailed that you had to run “start.command” to “activate” the Bizon Box 2. It’s a wrapper command that executes automate-eGPU.sh v0.9.8 from this package:

http://bizon-pc.com/a/bizonbox_mac.zip

automate-eGPU.sh file is hidden from GUI (chflags). You can see it by “ls -l -a” command.

v0.9.8 does not support Sierra so if they have changed the script in accordance with the GitHub’s issue #31, they are violating my license conditions.

@roqpir, I would appreciate if you can look for traces of automate-eGPU.sh. I’ve nothing against your decision to choose Bizon. Just a word of warning that their marketing is misleading. What I want to bring into the open is the fact that their products are not Intel certified. UK-based companies have tried to earn money from uncertified products but all such attempts have failed:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bullbox/external-graphics-card-for-macbook

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thewolfe/the-wolfe-supercharge-your-laptop/posts/1688789

By purchasing from Bizon, everyone should be aware that you are supporting a Russian hackintosh company.

The reason why Bizon has survived is probably because Russia is unreachable by US laws.

You can also check if IOThunderboltFamily.kext under System Report/Software/Extensions appears without kext signature validation errors. If you see validation errors, they are likely using KhaosT’s tb3-enabler.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi
--
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + Vega64@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS & Win10
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + GTX980/RX580@32Gbps-TB3 (Netstor HL23T) + macOS10.13 & Win10

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Honorable Member
January 6, 2017 10:04 pm  

Considering the Bizon is also severely overpriced, I am of the opinion they should be ignored entirely.

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

goalque and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Honorable Member
January 6, 2017 11:02 pm  

@goalque @Yukikaze

Anyway the case is very nice, they sure put a lot of work in this device (and stole your work too).

eGPU.it | LG 34" 4K 34UC88 curved ultrawide display
MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD --> my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Honorable Member
January 6, 2017 11:41 pm  
Posted by: ikir

@goalque @Yukikaze

Anyway the case is very nice, they sure put a lot of work in this device (and stole your work too).

You know, I beg to differ. Designing a box is not exactly cutting edge hard work and they only did that after years of selling overpriced Thunder2 enclosures, barely modified. They're hacks. Resourceful and unscrupulous hacks.

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
georgekarmas
(@georgekarmas)
January 27, 2017 6:55 am  

Awesome! Your post will be extremely helpful for me when my Bizon arrive.

I am about to purchase the BizonBox 3 for my MacBook Pro 15" late 2016.

I want to buy the chassis only and the GTX 980 Ti used from amazon, but they say "in stock" and "out of stock" on the same page lol.

Are you using 1 or 2 monitors? Are you using the display ports? I wonder what's the deal with the BizonBox 3 and Nvidia driving 2x4K screens on 30 or 60 Hz.

Also, I was trying to use PayPal Credit but it keeps throwing an error "Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using PayPal Credit with the option to buy now and pay later. But you can still use PayPal to choose another payment method."

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
roqpir
(@roqpir)
January 27, 2017 11:35 am  

@georgekarmas, glad this post will help you in the future but the credits are going to those who helped me. I'm mainly using my internal display if I'm using Windows. If I'm working with MacOS I'm using an Asus Monitor with 1ms or simply my TV. 

My advise to you, is a complete fresh Windows Install before setting up the BizonBox. After i didn't get rid of the "Testsigning Mode", I made an complete fresh Windows partition and got it working with "Method 1" which is explained above.

ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member
January 28, 2017 12:02 pm  

@goalque @Yukikaze

A lot of work for a case which have an external non standard crappy power supply instead of having a nice internal one or a nice non-hacks external one? No way...

mid-2017 Macbook Pro RP560 + MSI GTX1080Ti GAMING X@32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS10.13.5 & Win10

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator
March 19, 2017 5:51 am  
Posted by: Yukikaze

@goalque @Yukikaze

You know, I beg to differ. Designing a box is not exactly cutting edge hard work and they only did that after years of selling overpriced Thunder2 enclosures, barely modified. They're hacks. Resourceful and unscrupulous hacks.

In total agreement with @Yukikaze. Plus with devices like the Mantiz Venus and Akitio Node the Bizon Box (that charges an unreasonably extra 99$ over the 599 $ for the 2S, for "upgrading" from a 200W Dell Power adapter to some 400W "enhanced" adapter) should be avoided entirely - for the plagiarism as well as false advertising. In comparison, EVGA's 400W ATX PSU is 30 $.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.sh
----
Troubleshooting eGPUs on macOS
Command Line Swiss Knife
----
3 Build Guides

ReplyQuote