MBP 2019 + RX 5700XT + Razer Core X, only using x4 PCIe lanes? Shouldn't it be f...

Notifications
Clear all

MBP 2019 + RX 5700XT + Razer Core X, only using x4 PCIe lanes? Shouldn't it be full x16?  

RSS

Ryan Daly
(@ryan_daly)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251230748

I have the same issue as the guy who posted the linked thread. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Connected the enclosure via the TB cord that came with the Core X and connected the card to a primary display. See below for a snapshot of my System Report. 

Primarily using card for Blender and Octane rendering, so this is a problem obvi when I open up Blender forcing the eGPU use and it stutters way more than my onboard 5300m if I don't force.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from you knowledgeable souls!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

did you even read the thread you provided? current thunderbolt technology only offers maximum x4 PCIe lanes.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ryan Daly
(@ryan_daly)

Snarky tone aside, your post made me think and go back to a video that a.) made me realize I'm using a USB-C connector not TB, but b.) I need to connect the monitor to the eGPU and not to a USB-C port on the laptop also. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote