MBP Stuck at 30hz
Haven't been here in a while as I was running a Hackintosh for a couple years but just assembled:
2019 15" MBP i9 running Catalina 10.15.4
I have a LG32UD99 USB-C monitor
Caldigit TS3+ with latest firmware.
- I get 30hz from TS3+ displayport using Caldigit displayport to HDMI Active Adapter to monitor
- I get 30hz from 5700xt hdmi to monitor
- I get 30hz form 5700xt DP using Active Adapter to hdmi to monitor
- I get nothing from either TS3+ or 5700xt using displayport cable included with monitor
- I get 60hz when using USB C cable direct from MBP
- I get 60hz when using USB C cable in TS3+ downstream thunderbolt port
My Caldigit DP->HDMI adapter supports 4k@60hz. I have tried three different HDMI cables that I have tested on a different windows machine that gets 4k@60hz so its not the cable. I have never been able get DP to DP working. I have easyres before anyone asks. And I am only looking for this res in MacOs, I am not running bootcamp at the moment.
I am fine doing downstream port USB-C but when using e-GPU, I would like 60hz as well.
I am at loss at this point for what to try next if anyone has any ideas.
I've found HDMI in macOS is never a pleasant experience. If possible switch to DisplayPort connection. You can also try a software utility such as SwitchResX to set the resolution and refresh rate manually.
@itsage, Thank you for your response. I haven't been able to get DP to DP to work either gpu to monitor or TS3+ to monitor. Nothing. I can get DP - hdmi or hdmi to dp with an active adapter, but only at 30hz.