Mid 2014 MacBook Pro GT750M GPU - Node + GTX 1060 Possible?

Notifications
Clear all

Mid 2014 MacBook Pro GT750M GPU - Node + GTX 1060 Possible?  

RSS

Manno
(@manno)

Hey

There's probably information laying around answering this exact problem, but I have a mid 2014 Macbook pro with top specs and a GT750M GPU. I read on here that there's issues with the Nvidia GT10X0 cards and TB3 enclosures. What I'm currently planning on is selling my current macbook, and buying a Surface Book 2(If it's released and has TB3) or a similar windows laptop. So as a futureproof setup, I'm planning on buying the GT 1060 + Akitio Node 3. 

Why can't I buy an RX460? I have a Acer X34 with GSync, and it would be a waste not to be able to use all of its features.

I only play one game, League of Legends, and have been for the past few years. The game has decent Mac support. 
I also produce games in UE4, nothing fancy. So the GTX 1060 is sufficient. I also won't have a Windows partition, as I don't need it.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

There's plenty of discussion here about a GT750M Macbook with existing implementations: 
https://egpu.io/external-gpu-implementations-table/?table_filter=%22GT750M%22#search

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (6th,4C,H) + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance

ReplyQuote