Notifications
Clear all

Missing a step? Mac Mini 2018 + Razer Core X Chroma + Red Devil 6900XT  

of  3
  RSS

mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@readywater, that's weird, I patched that code path so I was expecting a different error.

Can you try this:

1. After booting via OpenCore/Kryptonite, launch Terminal (do this asap/within 3mins).
  2. sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext (do this asap/within 3mins).
  3. Wait for 3mins and then share the Lilu logs generated in /var/log/ folder. If older logs were present, they get overwritten. Easiest to just wait out the 3 minutes.
  4. Then connect eGPU and see what happens.

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Author: kryptonitepurge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
readywater
(@readywater)

@mac_editor, I'm wondering if I perhaps got the wrong file, but redownloaded and checked timestamps so the kexts should be correct. Thanks again!

When I turned on the egpu, the same thing happened as before.

Here's the stack (including the whole thing this time if that's helpful):

[Please login to see this]

Mac Mini 2018
Razer Core X Chroma
Red Devil 6900 XT

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@readywater, I see what happened. I created the patches on Monterey and the kext is a bit different on Big Sur. I'll create patches on Big Sur and send you an updated kext when possible.

"Desultory reading is delightful, but to be beneficial, our reading must be carefully directed." — Seneca

Master Threads:
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Miscellaneous Productions
(@miscellaneous_productions)

Posted by: @mac_editor

@readywater, I see what happened. I created the patches on Monterey and the kext is a bit different on Big Sur. I'll create patches on Big Sur and send you an updated kext when possible.

@mac_editor, whatever happened with this? If I were to update to the current macOS Monterey Beta would these updated kexts you provided in this thread, work (of course after adding the beta boot-args)?

On a side note, do I need ACPI (SSDT-EC.aml) if I don't have Boot Camp setup and on a TB3, T2 mac?

2019 16" MacBook Pro (i9-9980HK, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB GDDR6, macOS 11.5.2 (20G95)) + Razer Core X Chroma + PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

Posted by: @miscellaneous_productions

whatever happened with this?

If I were to update to the current macOS Monterey Beta would these updated kexts you provided in this thread, work (of course after adding the beta boot-args)?

no time; it doesn't seem wise to modify AMD drivers (if you try anything know it's at your own risk).

I dunno.

On a side note, do I need ACPI (SSDT-EC.aml) if I don't have Boot Camp setup and on a TB3, T2 mac?

No; you shouldn't have it in the first place if using Kryptonite installer. Would recommend reading documentation/being careful with OC configuration you may not be familiar with.

Master Threads:
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

ReplyQuote
Miscellaneous Productions
(@miscellaneous_productions)

Posted by: @mac_editor

No; you shouldn't have it in the first place if using Kryptonite installer. Would recommend reading documentation/being careful with OC configuration you may not be familiar with.

@mac_editor, your post on the Kryptonite thread told itsage to use ACPI & you provided the link to the OpenCore documentation. When the AMDLegacySupport.kext wasn't working for me, I found that post & decided to try it. I wasn't aware that the kext simply wasn't going to work. Thank you for clearing that up. I presume none of the additional changes to config.plist the OpenCore documentation said I needed for Secure Boot & MacOS Big Sur were necessary either?

2019 16" MacBook Pro (i9-9980HK, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB GDDR6, macOS 11.5.2 (20G95)) + Razer Core X Chroma + PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@miscellaneous_productions, you're reading that post out of context (like completely). Again, I don't have a solution for 0x73af and would advise careful reading before trying things randomly. If you want a working eGPU now, consider replacing with compatible model or flash your GPU to a compatible VBIOS (look it up). I'm not working on 0x73af so if any solution comes, it'll be from someone else (probably Hackintosh community) or Apple.

Master Threads:
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

ReplyQuote
 of  3