Mouse input lag with new Razer Core X Chroma / 5700 XT

Notifications
Clear all

Mouse input lag with new Razer Core X Chroma / 5700 XT  

RSS

egpuser
(@egpuser)

Hi there, has anyone else, particularly those who play competitive FPS/eSports, ever experience about an additional 30-60ms input delay using an eGPU? I just got the setup below going and I'm noticing a significant input lag on my external monitor. If I move the mouse cursor to the MacBook display, it's fine.

Things I’ve tried:

• connecting the mouse directly to the computer, monitor hub, and eGPU box
  • removing all USBs/Ethernet from eGPU
  • other mouse and keyboard (wired and wireless)
  • another external display
  • HDMI and display port
  • connecting display directly to computer like normal (no epgu) works just fine

Setup:

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas before I send back my Razer Core X!
Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
SudeepStacks
(@sudeepstacks)
Eminent Member

Bro I got the same exact setup as you except I have the 2019 Macbook Pro 13". I had the Glorious Model O Wired Gaming mouse working perflectly with the Egpu Setup. However, As soon as I got my external monitor in the mail today, and set it up, The mouse barely works now. I switched back to my wireless mouse and it works perfectly. Honestly have no clue what the issue is with wired mouses and the Razer Core X Chroma. I heard something about having the Ethernet plugged in would make it stop working. 

2019 MacBook Pro 13"
Razer Core X Chroma
MSI Mech OC AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

egpuser liked
ReplyQuote
jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

gigabyte aorus gaming box having same issue with certain firmware. maybe the problem is the bandwidth issue?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
lilipeipei
(@lilipeipei)

Actually the USB ports on Core X Chroma do not accept any usb hub. Any device connected via hub would get a very laggy experience.

There has been reported that connecting via some powered hubs would fix that issue, but I've not tested yet.

MBP15 2016 configured to Radeon Pro 460 (burning a hole on table when driving my 4k monitor
Razer Core X Chroma (USB ports sucks, but it has RGB!
Radeon VII (anyone could stop these fans?

ReplyQuote
egpuser
(@egpuser)

Posted by: @lilipeipei

Actually the USB ports on Core X Chroma do not accept any usb hub. Any device connected via hub would get a very laggy experience.

There has been reported that connecting via some powered hubs would fix that issue, but I've not tested yet.

I'm experiencing the issues with no hub.

ReplyQuote