Need help: MacBook Pro 2015 13’’ and Gigabyte Gaming Box 1070
it’s my first time posting a thread on this forum so please point out if this is a stupid question. I just got an egpu (which is the gigabyte Gaming box 1070), an apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter and a insignia thunderbolt 2 cable.
however the process is so painful and my egpu doesn’t work at either windows nor macOS High Sierra. So I really need some help. Thank you!
- i did a clean install of macOS high Sierra 10.13.6
- turn off sip
- install essential command line tools
- used the purge-wrangler script (option 2)
- reboot, plugin egpu after login
- external monitor shows a black screen and a cursor, nothing more
for windows 10 1803 bootcamp:
- did a clean install of windows
- install the boot camp drivers, reboot
- plugin egpu (I tried plugin after login and during windows boot up as other threads suggested, same outcome)
- egpu found on device manager as ms basic display adapter
- download lastest driver form Nvidia website
- get stuck at “preparing for install”
as you can see I’m really disappointed and frustrated, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you got the Basic Adapter to show up in Device Manager, then you're on the right path. The only thing left is to download the Drivers from nVidia as below. Go ahead and install the driver and app as well (it's what I did just earlier today). Usually, once the drivers get installed, the Basic Adapter turns into your GPU. In my case, it was a 1070 Ti.