Please help: Unable to run Starcraft 2 internal display with Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming Box  

RSS

Magoon84
(@magoon84)
Eminent Member
October 21, 2018 5:51 pm  

Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro 13" (2018) and a Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming Box running on Mac OS Mojave.

I've tried to run Starcraft 2 in internal display mode with "prefer external GPU" option on both the battle.net app as well as the Starcraft 2 executable. But every time I start the game on look on graphics options, it still shows my integrated GPU.

What shall I do that the game accelerates the EGPU? 

Thank you vey much in advance for your help. 

All the best
Magoon

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member
October 23, 2018 6:01 am  

It could be because the actual Starcraft executable is elsewhere.
do you have an external display to try acceleration with it?
you can also select Metal as rendering in Starcraft option

eGPU.it | LG 34" 4K 34UC88 curved ultrawide display
MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD --> my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Magoon84
(@magoon84)
Eminent Member
October 30, 2018 5:57 pm  

Hi Ikir,

sorry for my late reply but I was on a trip and couldn't try out your solution. Well I've just tried to run with Metal, but it still shows the integrated GPU and not my eGPU. 

Any other solution which might could help?

Thx in advance.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
ScreamingPict
(@screamingpict)
November 10, 2018 6:13 pm  

Magoon- have you checked what application is soaking up most of your CPU cycles in Activity Monitor? That might show you what executable you need to set to prefer eGPU.

ReplyQuote
Magoon84
(@magoon84)
Eminent Member
November 11, 2018 5:29 pm  

Hi Screamingpict,

thx for your reply. How do I activate the monitor during gaming? I guess I have to start the app before the monitor right?

ReplyQuote