Please help with my 2018 13 inch setup on bootcamp.

Notifications
Clear all

Please help with my 2018 13 inch setup on bootcamp.  

of  2
  RSS

SRQ2
 SRQ2
(@srq2)

I can confirm it's fixed and works fine now as of beta 9. Forgot to post :p

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
blisster138
(@blisster138)

I'm SOOOOOO stoked to try this out! My enclosure and card work fantastic under Mac OS but Bootcamp is my El Dorado…my personal, computing Atlantis. Looking forward to Sept. 24th so I can test more; thanks all for posting back here to confirm this is remedied. 😉

Mac Book Pro 13" (2018 w/TouchBar) with AMD Vega 64 | macOS Mojave 10.14.2 | Bootcamp Windows 10 1803 | automate-eGPU-EFI 1.0.5 USB | Razer Core X eGPU | ASUS ROG Strix Gaming 8GB Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Famed Member Moderator

From what I have read the Mojave bug has been fixed and it no longer breaks egpu support in bootcamp.

Finally release is soon so lets see what that yields.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

From what I have read the Mojave bug has been fixed and it no longer breaks egpu support in bootcamp.

Finally release is soon so lets see what that yields.

Is this true for the 2018 13" mbp?

My i7 quad 13" 2018 is just code 12'ing but have not attempted rEFInd

This post was modified 3 years ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
zmyslony
(@zmyslony)
Eminent Member

Yes it is true, the problem seems to occur on certain beta builds.
Please try again, with hotplugging at windows logo. It should work just fine on final build of Mojave.
Make sure you have updated to the latest OS X. rEFind works as well on my 13" 2018

13" MacBook Pro + MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke (Razer Core X)

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member

Agreed, my Aorus gaming box seems to work in bootcamp in the front-most (closer to the trackpad) left hand (side without headphone jack) of my 2018 i7 13" macbook pro running mojave.

Although, it only works when an external display is hooked up to the eGPU, I can boot up to bootcamp with eGPU plugged in from the start, or plug in eGPU during windows bootup, you cannot hook it up later. Be sure you've got your graphics card drivers installed and it should work great.

This post was modified 3 years ago

ReplyQuote
 of  2