Problems: 2016 15" MBP w/TB + Radeon Pro 460 + Akitio Node + nvidia 1080 Ti + LG...

Notifications
Clear all

Problems: 2016 15" MBP w/TB + Radeon Pro 460 + Akitio Node + nvidia 1080 Ti + LG Ultrafine 5k  

of  2
  RSS

JonnieCache
(@jonniecache)

Posted by: itsage

I reviewed at the screen caps. VGA Display in this instance seems to be the MBP's internal display. You can see the Radeon Pro is powering the LG 5K and this VGA/Internal display.

Unfortunately, it's not the internal display. The screenshots above show 3 displays connected to the Radeon Pro 460: Color LCD (the internal display), LG UltraFine, and the VGA Display. The 4th display was connected to the 1080 called "NT Headless". Also, when the LG UltraFine is disconnected, the VGA Display disappears.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Gotcha. I'd say to uninstall the script and connect the 5K to see if that VGA display would disappear. (add flag -uninstall at the end when running the script).

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
JonnieCache
(@jonniecache)

Posted by: itsage

Gotcha. I'd say to uninstall the script and connect the 5K to see if that VGA display would disappear. (add flag -uninstall at the end when running the script).

Yep! Doing the -uninstall flag removes the VGA Display!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
JonnieCache
(@jonniecache)

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same thing occurs. When the 5k Display is plugged in, there is a third (or fourth if internal display is active) VGA Display showing up. Any idea what could be causing that or how to remove it permanently after the script is run?

ReplyQuote
JonnieCache
(@jonniecache)

I have been experimenting with the automate-eGPU.sh script. When I run it with "-skip-agdc", it does not create the phantom VGA Display. But, the eGPU doesn't work either.

ReplyQuote
jzn2008
(@jzn2008)

I know what you mean. Akitio has another pcie box which has two TB3 but aiming for SSD so you can use the node's power to connect the mainboard with two TB3

ReplyQuote
 of  2