Problems with Aorus GamingBox and MacbookPro 2013  

(@ovi_stoia)
February 7, 2018 3:49 pm  

I really wanted to buy an eGPU for some time now, and I saw this post the other day where a guy confirmed that Macbook Pro 2013 works with Aorus Gaming Box, so I decided to buy it. My eGPU arrived and after hours of work I finally was able to see the eGPU in both in my system preferences, also under the Overview > Graphic and in the Display Tab I finally saw the 1070 graphic card below the monitor. I have an external monitor to the eGPU, I also closed the display of the laptop using disableMonitor, but the performance is laggy as hell. I tried to see my fps in the Ungine Valley and I got something like 10fps, while before the eGPU I had like 25fps. Do you have any ideas what could cause this problem? What I have done wrong. The second monitor was connected throw DVI-D.

The strangest part is that when I tried to use the heaven benchmark.. in the right corner it showed me “GPU Chip”, which I understood that is using the internal GPU

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Noble Member Admin
February 7, 2018 3:59 pm  

Did you change the external monitor to be the primary display in System Preferences » Displays » Arrangement? Don’t use disableMonitor yet until you get the eGPU working properly.

Numerous implementation guides

ReplyQuote
(@ovi_stoia)
February 7, 2018 11:21 pm  

If dragging that bar to the external monitor is changing the external monitor to be primary display then I did it.

ReplyQuote
ghoulish31
(@ghoulish31)
February 8, 2018 9:36 pm  

This happened to me when I used the xx.156 Nvidia web driver. You have to go back one version to xx.104 to avoid the lag. For whatever reason, the latest driver release is completely bugged.

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
(@ovi_stoia)
February 9, 2018 12:43 pm  

But xx.104 is not for 10.13.2 only?
In my case I use 10.13.3 which means I’ll have to downgrade?

ReplyQuote
ghoulish31
(@ghoulish31)
February 10, 2018 4:16 am  

You need to use the webdriver.sh script to change the required build number to make it work with 10.3.3, but it works!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register