Notifications
Clear all

question re: core + 2016 tMPB 15  

RSS

samklee
(@samklee)
Eminent Member

Something I've started to notice in my various attempts to get this setup working with a gtx 970...   After enabling tb3 and running the egpu script, the setup works properly once.  After shutdown or reboot, the gtx 970 is no longer properly recognized.  remove everything and try again = success but temporary, as the next boot will result in failure.

by the way, I'm trying to get this working in mac os

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

What version of macOS are you running on your 2016 15" MacBook Pro? It seems there are more issues with 10.12.3.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
samklee
(@samklee)
Eminent Member

yes, on 10.12.3.   Looks like some new wrinkles will need to be worked out.  At least after first install of the script, the razer core does indeed work in mac os

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote