R43SG + RX5600XT crashes on both Mac and PC

Notifications
Clear all

R43SG + RX5600XT crashes on both Mac and PC  

RSS

Mnatsakan Zurnadzhian
(@mnatsakan_zurnadzhian)

Hello, my setup is r43sg + Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT + Dell DA-2. I am constantly getting crashes (green screen on Mac, black screen on PC) and restarts on both PC and Macbook when I touch aluminium framed keyboard, laptop or pc enclosure, usb ports etc. Everything is grounded. Few times i get crashes when i touched a lamp near my setup. I'm 99% sure that problem is electrostatic discharge. It's quite random, problem can disappear after reboot and repeats again after random amount of time. Help, please, I can't solve this problem 6 moths now, is anyone faced a problem like this? 

P.s. Sorry for terrible English

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@mnatsakan_zurnadzhian, I would say to try a different power supply and see if that helps.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mnatsakan Zurnadzhian
(@mnatsakan_zurnadzhian)

@itsage, i also tried with Zalman Wattbit 600W. Same problem. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

@mnatsakan_zurnadzhian, if replacing the power supply doesn't work, then the only thing remaining to do is to replace the R43SG. Try a different ADT Link cable or a real eGPU?

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Radeon Pro W5700, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote