Radeon RX 5700 XT Constant Audio Crackling on 15" 2017 Retina MBP with dual grap...

Notifications
Clear all

Radeon RX 5700 XT Constant Audio Crackling on 15" 2017 Retina MBP with dual graphics card  

RSS

Andy Hernandez
(@andy_hernandez_1)

Radeon RX 5700 XT Constant Audio Crackling on 15" 2017 Retina MBP with dual graphics card. I'm new to this and I do video and graphics editing. Wanted to make my workflow faster using MBP. I had a late 2013 iMac but was too slow rendering and exporting 4k videos. Now I have a new set up with a 35 ultra wide 120hrz monitor, Radeon XR 5700 XT with Razer Core X enclosure. What can I do to me the best out of the Radeon XR 5700 XT and eliminate the audio distortion coming out of my monitoring speakers. I I use wireless head sets I dont get the distortion. I plug the speakers to the USB hub, MBP and also the monitor aux out and still get same distortion. Plus, I still see no difference in performance using this set up. I need help ASAP. Thank you for your time. 

PS: Do I need to update firmware on the enclosure or graphics card? If so hoe do i do that in a Mac?

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
prototofu
(@prototofu)

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer in ways of solution, but can definitely validate that either the Razer Core or 5700 XT (I have both) are extremely electrically noisy. 

Even when I don't have audio switched on, I can often "hear" graphical artifacts and movement (e.g. when mouse scrolling through web pages). Under some configurations, I can't even watch movies as the audio artifacts are so bad. I don't think a firmware fix will help, and using headphones has been my main solve.

I did have some luck reducing the noise by using a RCA audio ground loop isolator. These are relatively inexpensive, so I would definitely give it a go. Good luck!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote