Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support add...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support added in 11.4 Beta  

of  37
  RSS

mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @craftsman

You don't need to renew your dev account to download betas. You can still log in and beta test dev builds. The yearly fee is for signing and publishing apps.

Hi @craftsman, Thank you very much for the info. But when I log in to developer.apple.com I can only see three applications to download but do not see macOS anywhere. my developer ID and my Apple ID are same. According to some people comment it showed up in their SystemPreferences/Software Update but I got nothing shows up. All I ca see is the following 3 beta.

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.25.18

But under more, there are lots of application but cannot find Monterey. 

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.27.31

Please accept my apology to everybody as this is not related to eGPU and if annoyed you all. 

Mac Pro 2019 2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W-3275M - 96 GB 2996 MHz DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB with Sonnet 750EX and Razer Core X with Sapphire Nitro+ SE RX 6900 XT

ReplyQuote
craftsman
(@craftsman)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @mkzayar

You don't need to renew your dev account to download betas. You can still log in and beta test dev builds. The yearly fee is for signing and publishing apps.

Hi @craftsman, Thank you very much for the info. But when I log in to developer.apple.com I can only see three applications to download but do not see macOS anywhere. my developer ID and my Apple ID are same. According to some people comment it showed up in their SystemPreferences/Software Update but I got nothing shows up. All I ca see is the following 3 beta.

But under more, there are lots of application but cannot find Monterey. 

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.27.31

Please accept my apology to everybody as this is not related to eGPU and if annoyed you all. 

Can you visit the macOS page and see the blue download link in the top of the page. What happens when you click that? Log into your account before you click the link below.

https://developer.apple.com/macos/

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.1 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

Can you visit the macOS page and see the blue download link in the top of the page. What happens when you click that? Log into your account before you click the link below.

https://developer.apple.com/macos/

I have tried and I can see the download blue button but as soon as I click I can only see the three beta program which I mentioned and nothing else. cannot see Monterey.

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.41.41

Mac Pro 2019 2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W-3275M - 96 GB 2996 MHz DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB with Sonnet 750EX and Razer Core X with Sapphire Nitro+ SE RX 6900 XT

ReplyQuote
craftsman
(@craftsman)
Estimable Member

@mkzayar, apologies. We might have different permissions. Check if you have agreed to the most recent Apple Developer Program License Agreement first and if that doesn't work the public beta should be out in about 10 days.

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.1 [build link]  

mkzayar liked
ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

@craftsman, No need. I think my developer account is very old, if I am not wrong my last payment to apple was 11 years ago Sweaty  

Saw this one and looks like need to pay to get these benefits again.

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.46.14

Got reply from AMD and basically I am on my own now.

Dear Zay,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8201099137]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the email.

I understand that you wish to have a support for RX 6900XT in Mac OS.

Please be informed that AMD do not provide Mac OS drivers. You should be contacting Apple customer support regarding this.

Thanks for contacting AMD.

Also got replied from SapphireTech as follow because when the told me that Toxic Extreme need 800W and Sonnet 750ex is only 750W. I told them the TOXIC card need only <430 which is stated on their website. But I bought 850W PSU from Corsair and when I tested same. Nothing has changed. Now they asked me to check whether Sonnet is support the card or not.

*** This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply ***

Dear sir :
First ,we appreciate your testing with the PSU swapping and respect the result that you got.

Second , the issue was not caused by the VGA card but the external box compatible issue , please do ask the vendor of the external box first to check if their product can fully support our Toxic version due to the model need to connect 3 power cables into this VGA card.
Third , only to make sure that our Toxic card was defective and then we can let you swap the product , you can plug it directly into a PC that can help to isolate the problem.
You can contact the retailer or computer store and let them help to check if the card was defective or not , but we think the defective rate is lower than 2%.
Thanks.

So bought a brand new Razer Core X yesterday and got it today to test. LOL waste of money and same situation. But there is one thing different between Sonnet and Razer. When I unplug or close the Sonnet power, I got the following pop-up message at Top Right corner of my Mac 

12639 Screenshot 2021 06 03 at 12 31 36

But with Razer I haven't seen any pop-up message like the way I do with Sonnet. All information showed exactly like Sonnet in System Information.

I also received a reply from Sonnet and now need another GPU Scared  

Helo Zay, 

Thank you for the information. We are sorry to hear this did not help.

We would agree that this may be a hardware issue or incompatibility.
The Breakaway Box seems to be functioning, and is detected normally in the images sent.

If available, would you happen to have any other GPU cards available to test (AMD RX580, AMD RX5700, etc.)?
It is also possible this may be an issue with this specific card configuration.

Let us know more when you can, and if any of this helps to clarify.

Thank you for your patience while we work through this.

Regards,
Andy
So I looked around and even RX 580 card is £500/600. The price is very close to RX 6700 XT. insane.

ReplyQuote
craftsman
(@craftsman)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @mkzayar

@craftsman, No need. I think my developer account is very old, if I am not wrong my last payment to apple was 11 years ago Sweaty  

Saw this one and looks like need to pay to get these benefits again.

Screenshot 2021 06 09 at 20.46.14

Got reply from AMD and basically I am on my own now.

Dear Zay,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8201099137]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the email.

I understand that you wish to have a support for RX 6900XT in Mac OS.

Please be informed that AMD do not provide Mac OS drivers. You should be contacting Apple customer support regarding this.

Thanks for contacting AMD.

Also got replied from SapphireTech as follow because when the told me that Toxic Extreme need 800W and Sonnet 750ex is only 750W. I told them the TOXIC card need only <430 which is stated on their website. But I bought 850W PSU from Corsair and when I tested same. Nothing has changed. Now they asked me to check whether Sonnet is support the card or not.

*** This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply ***

Dear sir :
First ,we appreciate your testing with the PSU swapping and respect the result that you got.

Second , the issue was not caused by the VGA card but the external box compatible issue , please do ask the vendor of the external box first to check if their product can fully support our Toxic version due to the model need to connect 3 power cables into this VGA card.
Third , only to make sure that our Toxic card was defective and then we can let you swap the product , you can plug it directly into a PC that can help to isolate the problem.
You can contact the retailer or computer store and let them help to check if the card was defective or not , but we think the defective rate is lower than 2%.
Thanks.

So bought a brand new Razer Core X yesterday and got it today to test. LOL waste of money and same situation. But there is one thing different between Sonnet and Razer. When I unplug or close the Sonnet power, I got the following pop-up message at Top Right corner of my Mac 

12639 Screenshot 2021 06 03 at 12 31 36

But with Razer I haven't seen any pop-up message like the way I do with Sonnet. All information showed exactly like Sonnet in System Information.

I also received a reply from Sonnet and now need another GPU Scared  

Helo Zay, 

Thank you for the information. We are sorry to hear this did not help.

We would agree that this may be a hardware issue or incompatibility.
The Breakaway Box seems to be functioning, and is detected normally in the images sent.

If available, would you happen to have any other GPU cards available to test (AMD RX580, AMD RX5700, etc.)?
It is also possible this may be an issue with this specific card configuration.

Let us know more when you can, and if any of this helps to clarify.

Thank you for your patience while we work through this.

Regards,
Andy
So I looked around and even RX 580 card is £500/600. The price is very close to RX 6700 XT. insane.

eBay is terrible for GPUs. Scalpers and then Ebay fees too high. Only use CeX if you're in UK. I think you can set up a stock alert or just bookmark the search results for RX 580.

https://uk.webuy.com

mkzayar liked
ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

eBay is terrible for GPUs. Scalpers and then Ebay fees too high. Only use CeX if you're in UK. I think you can set up a stock alert or just bookmark the search results for RX 580.

https://uk.webuy.com

Thanks a lot. Yeah I am in UK. I am going to check.

ReplyQuote
philw
(@philw)
Estimable Member

@mkzayar, If I was you I would try to appeal to Overclocker's kind side and return that card - they have stock today of an alternative that should work straight away in your new Core X...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6900-xt-nitro-se-oc-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39n-sp.html

There are no guarantees Apple will patch the 6900Xt driver - or if they do - no timescales. Depends on their priorities - as they have said to the developers at Redshift Render not to expect a 6700Xt driver. They announced offical support for the AMD workstation variant of the 6800 today/yesterday with the W6800 - which I guess is their main reason for adding in the NAVI 2 drivers - for their Mac Pro customers.

2020 iMac 27" / i9 10-core / 128GB RAM / AMD 5700XT Pro 16GB / 2 x Razer CoreX with 6800XT 16GB + 6900XT 16GB -- Own build Threadripper 3970X 32-core / 128GB RAM / 2 x RTX 2070S 8GB + Quadro M4000 8GB.

2018 Gigabyte Z390 Designare (GTX1080TIx2) [9th,8C,K] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 350) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @philw

@mkzayar, If I was you I would try to appeal to Overclocker's kind side and return that card - they have stock today of an alternative that should work straight away in your new Core X...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6900-xt-nitro-se-oc-16gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39n-sp.html

There are no guarantees Apple will patch the 6900Xt driver - or if they do - no timescales. Depends on their priorities - as they have said to the developers at Redshift Render not to expect a 6700Xt driver. They announced offical support for the AMD workstation variant of the 6800 today/yesterday with the W6800 - which I guess is their main reason for adding in the NAVI 2 drivers - for their Mac Pro customers.

Thank you @philw. I think thats will be my best option otherwise I will never be out from the maze. Really appreciate for the stock. 

ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

Hi,

Just installed Bootcamp and use both Blue Edition and Red Edition from Bootcampdriver.com but same result. 

I can see 6900 XT but with exclamation mark. When I open properties, showing like the following image.

The Razer Core X is attached with second monitor but nothing showing up. Do i need to do anything or it is just notworking  because of i already have AMD Card build in ?

Tried to installed Driver from AMD but keep showing Opps 173 error code

Annotation 2021 06 10 100502

ReplyQuote
 of  37