RE: [HELP] AKitio Node How to update rx 480 in bootcamp  

RSS

Caltobin
(@caltobin)
Eminent Member
April 4, 2017 2:41 am  

I got rid of code 12 and have my external monitor now, but when I open a game it crashes(BSOD except its not blue its tan or other colors) after 2 min or so. I clicked my driver details on the Rx 480 and it says I am using my bootcamp drivers from m370x I got off bootcampdrivers.com. How/where do I get my rx 480 drivers? the Radeon Software doesn’t update them I don’t think. Or it says partial install, or it says it doesn’t find any AMD cards. I did a clean reinstall a few times, but nothing is working.

ReplyQuote
ddqp
 ddqp
(@ddqp)
Eminent Member
April 4, 2017 7:57 am  

Try different tb3 port

Late Macbook Pro 2016 13' touch bar + AKITIO node + GTX 1050TI 4G Windows

ReplyQuote
Caltobin
(@caltobin)
Eminent Member
April 4, 2017 3:04 pm  

When I see the other port it goes back to code 12. Only one port gets rid of that for some reason.

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin
April 4, 2017 3:42 pm  

bootcampdrivers.com?? Windows 10 has built-in AMD drivers with eGPU support. You can also download the latest directly from AMD:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

and select the directory where you extracted the package in device manager.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi
--
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + [email protected] (Netstor HL23T) + macOS & Win10
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + GTX980/[email protected] (Netstor HL23T) + macOS10.13 & Win10

ReplyQuote
Sky11
(@sky11)
Reputable Member
April 4, 2017 3:54 pm  

Hi, if you succeed with Crimson 17.3.3 installation, can you please confirm if you are getting XConnect pop-up on plug or unplug?

ReplyQuote
goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin
April 4, 2017 4:46 pm  

Yep, hot-plugging & surprise removal work superbly, no system crash even if Hitman benchmark running and you unplug.

Akitio Node + reference RX480 + Mid 2015 15" MBP (M370X) + Windows 10 Boot Camp 10.0.10586.

apple_set_os.efi is not required, it's plug-and-play.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi
--
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + [email protected] (Netstor HL23T) + macOS & Win10
late-2016 13" Macbook Pro nTB + GTX980/[email protected] (Netstor HL23T) + macOS10.13 & Win10

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
Caltobin
(@caltobin)
Eminent Member
April 4, 2017 11:10 pm  

When I use the drivers from bootcampdrivers.com I am able to use crimson, and then plug my Akitio Node in and it will recognize and use the Rx 480. But, it crashes after 2 min of gameplay. I then clicked on driver details for the rx 480 and it said bootcampdrivers.com on it! So, I don't know what drivers it was actually using so I think that is why it was crashing. That damn 3rd party software is lingering on my system somewhere!

So I tried reinstalling drivers but the only other drivers I can use are the normal AMD Bootcamp drivers last updated 4/4/16. When I use the new m370x crimson from the link you sent on the AMD drivers page, it gives me an error and code that it can not find any AMD hardware.

Now, I tried r- installing again for a 3rd time, but now when I use UDD uninstaller, AMD cleaner or even device manager uninstall, it keeps reverting back to the 3rd party drivers from bootcampdrivers.com. The UDD uninstaller does not automatically open in Safe Mode like it did before and every time I uninstall with any method the same driver and name pop back up "AMD Radeon m370x (Bootcamp Edition by bootcampdrivers.com)

I came so close to this working but now I have no idea what to do! 

When I use the the AMD Bootcamp 4/4/16 software and then I try to download crimson for the RX 480 it tells me no hardware found.

When I use the official crimson m370x software it won't even recognize the m70x.

When I used Bootcampdrivers.com crimson it works and recognize both cards, but the RX 480 does not get the correct driver or something and I get system failure after 2 min.

[EDIT]: Okay so I installed the 4/4/16 again over the crap bootcampdrivers.com and plugged in the Node, rebooted, and then guess what. THEY REVERTED TO BOOTCAMPDRIVERS.COM !! In addition, the RX 480 driver is signed by bootcampdrivers.com!! how??? I have literally tried everything I don't know what to do I have put easily 18 hours into this.

MBP 2015 15" with m370x + Akitio Node + RX 480

Card Link  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131692

ReplyQuote
Caltobin
(@caltobin)
Eminent Member
April 5, 2017 2:04 am  

Can you walk me through which drivers you used and how you got it to work?

I've done the whole Device manager / browse updates / packages / driver manual install for about 10 different versions. I am at 17.4.1 but no matter which update I use when I launch a game I have about 2-5 min until my screen goes black or brown and I need to restart.

ReplyQuote
Caltobin
(@caltobin)
Eminent Member
April 5, 2017 8:28 am  
[Update] I was reading through some AMD forums about my wattmans system failure error message and I noticed someone say uninstalling MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner fixed their   crash. 

I uninstalled it and went from 2 min of running a game to almost 2 glorious hours! I thought I fixed it but it  finally crashed... so now I'm even more confused as to what the real problem is now maybe it's my card?

ReplyQuote