RTX 2080 Super, MacBook Pro 2018 macOS?

Notifications

RTX 2080 Super, MacBook Pro 2018 macOS?  

RSS

(@mrpython_mcbot)

Hello guys,

Unfortunately I have a MacBook Pro 2018, 6 Core, 32gb and a Razer Core X v2 and a RTX 2080 Super inside.

I need it for Tensorflow, Cuda 10 and Pytorch.

I tried installing Ubuntu for the last week and I only found a weird "Hack" how to install and boot it onto an external SSD yesterday but I haven't managed to install the Nvidia drivers yet.

Its there a way to install RTX drivers onto macOS Catalina 10.15.2? I found instructions to compile Tensorflow with GPU support and if I find a way to get the RTX drivers onto it I rather stay in macOS.

My last resort is to use Bootcamp and install Windows. I really dislike working on windows and rather not do it that way.

Any advice? I wasted a week on finding that workaround to install ubuntu on a MacBook Pro 2018 and I need to make a decision.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Estimable Member

@mrpython_mcbot

Nvidia cards are not supported in Catalina or Mojave.

You’ll need to run Windows via Bootcamp.

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote