Setup & Software Discussions
RX 5700 (XT) on MacOS

RX 5700 (XT) on MacOS  

RSS

OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Hello dear community,
I am wondering if somebody has already got one of the brand-new Navi cards.

It's very easy available (at least here in Germany):
https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Aktiv-PCIe-4-0-x16--Retail-_1319763.html

I can't do it myself, but It would be very nice to get a user-build or some results!
Thank you

Oh, this one might be interesting: (GPU UserBenchmark, 3rd column is performance)

Screen Shot 2019 07 21 at 23.19.24

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

Navi is not supported on macOS at this time.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
TheMegaTB
(@themegatb)

I'm going to order one as soon as the aftermarket cooler versions are available and hopefully by then macOS drivers are around the corner! I'm primarily going to use it for gaming with BootCamp but it'd be nice to have some added Performance in macOS as well.

Regardless, even with the crappy blower cooler assembly its rather impressive that the XT achieves equal performance to the VII at a much lower price. Makes me wonder how far the aftermarket ones can be pushed in terms of performance.

Pretty odd that the XTs are readily available here in Germany but seem to be unavailable in some other countries atm.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: @themegatb

Pretty odd that the XTs are readily available here in Germany but seem to be unavailable in some other countries atm.

There was a similar situation with the Radeon VII, everybody was talking about how difficult it was to get except for Germany.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
LUXOA
(@luxoa)

It's macOS Catalina beta 5 now, can someone have a look that their 5700 xt is working with Mac or not?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote