[RX 5700XT][Mantiz Venus] Macbook got freezing and restarting while playing game

Notifications
Clear all

[RX 5700XT][Mantiz Venus] Macbook got freezing and restarting while playing game  

RSS

Mạnh Tú Vũ
(@manh_tu_vu)

Hello guys,

I recently have brought my egpu setup including a Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT and a Mantiz Venus MZ-02. So, the problem is, when playing game, Diablo 3 in particular. After around 30m to a few hours, my Macbook suddenly gets freezing, the mouse move slower and slower, and then finally the computer is restarted. This happens from time to time, so, I'm worry about where is the problem. Is it just about the Navi driver is not optimised enough, or the enclosure/graphic card got problem?. If it is about driver then I can wait, if it about graphic card then I may return and order a new one. Could anyone please tell me how to check where is the problem laying on?

Device: Macbook Pro mid 2017

Enclosure: Mantiz Venus MZ-02

Graphic Card: Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT

No external monitor

Thank all

This topic was modified 8 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
temkins
(@temkins)

@manh_tu_vu,

I've got nearly the same problem with my MBP16 (10.15.3) + Razer Core + RX 5700 XT. Every time I start up my MBP, it starts freezing right during the loading, with those freezes taking about 4-5 seconds, followed by unfreezing for a few seconds, then freeze again -- with this cycle continuously looped again and again until I force restart the MBP16. It only helps to startup without eGPU attached, wait for the startup to complete and connect the eGPU after that. Never happened (yet) during regular work - only on startups.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251365059  

This post was modified 7 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@manh_tu_vu

Diablo 3 is an older CPU intensive game.

Check your MBP cooling fans and temperature readings. It sounds like a bad temp sensor or cooling fan in your MBP

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@temkins

Use the power switch on the Core X rather than plugging and unplugging your TB3 cable

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote