Screen freeze with eGPU when connecting USB's to MacBook Pro 13 2018 TB

Notifications
Clear all

Screen freeze with eGPU when connecting USB's to MacBook Pro 13 2018 TB  

RSS

RichrdJ
(@richrdj)

Hi all,

I've received my Razer Core V2 yesterday, it was really plug & play which was good.
The only problem i'm experiencing at this moment is that the laptop freezes when I connect anything to one of the 4 TB3 ports on the Macbook.
If I connect the same device to the Razer Core itself, it works fine.

Anyone else having this issue or knows how to solve this?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
chinsteig
(@chinsteig)
Trusted Member

What OS are you using? I know with windows it works better if you plug a hub into it before booting on the opposite side of the eGPU to prevent bandwidth problems.

Mid 2017 15" MacBook Pro > ASUS XG Station Pro > RX 5700 XT > 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

ReplyQuote
RichrdJ
(@richrdj)

Posted by: chinsteig

What OS are you using? I know with windows it works better if you plug a hub into it before booting on the opposite side of the eGPU to prevent bandwidth problems.

Ah sorry, yes Windows 10 1809. When I plug these items in before booting, the laptop stays on windows logo. If i plug them into the core, no problem.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@javohir_tolibaev)

Hi , try installing thunderbolt 3 drivers from intel.

ReplyQuote