Setup & Software Discussions
Screen freeze with eGPU when connecting USB's to Macbook Pro 13 2018 TB

Screen freeze with eGPU when connecting USB's to Macbook Pro 13 2018 TB  

RSS

RichrdJ
(@richrdj)

Hi all,

I've received my Razer Core V2 yesterday, it was really plug & play which was good.
The only problem i'm experiencing at this moment is that the laptop freezes when I connect anything to one of the 4 TB3 ports on the Macbook.
If I connect the same device to the Razer Core itself, it works fine.

Anyone else having this issue or knows how to solve this?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
chinsteig
(@chinsteig)
Trusted Member

What OS are you using? I know with windows it works better if you plug a hub into it before booting on the opposite side of the eGPU to prevent bandwidth problems.

Mid 2012 15" MacBook Pro > Thunder2 > GTX 1070 > 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide
Mid 2017 15" MacBook Pro > Thunder2 > GTX 1070 > 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

ReplyQuote
RichrdJ
(@richrdj)

Posted by: chinsteig

What OS are you using? I know with windows it works better if you plug a hub into it before booting on the opposite side of the eGPU to prevent bandwidth problems.

Ah sorry, yes Windows 10 1809. When I plug these items in before booting, the laptop stays on windows logo. If i plug them into the core, no problem.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@javohir_tolibaev)

Hi , try installing thunderbolt 3 drivers from intel.

ReplyQuote