Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] [SCRIPT] PurgeWrangler: AMD + NVIDIA eGPUs for all Thunderbolt Macs  

of  173
  RSS

rivadart
(@rivadart)

Posted by: @mac_editor

@rivadart, Hmm ok it shows that you are booted off of a patched snapshot, and that your disk is currently patched. So I'm not sure what you restored via Time Machine. Plus there seems to be a bug with system log generator in the script on macOS 11.

If you're willing to try:

1. Execute the script and uninstall changes.
  2. On successful reboot, eGPU should stop working.
  3. If boot fails, try the diskutil command above for Big Sur volume.
  4. Does boot succeed? If yes, then try patching system again to re-enable eGPU. If not, restore via time machine snapshot.

Btw appreciate the testing. Thanks!

1. Done.

2. Then rebooted. Yes, eGPU stopped working.

3. boot succeed

4. re-enable eGPU, reboot, No issues, eGPU working.

This post was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
psonice
(@psonice)
Estimable Member

Just updated to beta 2. Reapplied patches, rebooted, stuck on apple logo screen (there's a progress bar, it gets to the end, nothing happens). 

Booted into recovery, ran "diskutil apfs updatePreboot <Big Sur volume>", rebooted, everything seems to be working except that macOS thinks my 24" 4k external display is a 122" 8k, and everything is _tiny_ 🙃 This has happened before tho, a reboot should fix it. Will report back if not.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@psonice, get the latest script commit from the advanced handbook which runs the updatePreboot command. Thanks for reporting!

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
cnb408
(@cnb408)

Hello,

I am wondering where this is at with Nvidia support? I am having issues with this(and am not a programmer). I ran the purge-wrangler(following the beginner's guide) with a Razer Core v1 and a GTX 970. The GPU worked great after the initial restart from install. I ended up restarting again, now it won't post with the egpu connected. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch, but now the egpu doesn't work at all. The core is recognized in system report, but the gpu is not.

The Nvidia web driver that installed is: 387.10.10.10.40.137

I'm running 10.13.6
Macbook Pro 15" Late 2013
2.6ghz i7
16GB DDR3
Iris Pro/750M

I would ultimately like to get a 1070 or 1080 working, but don't have one yet. Would a newer Core make a difference?

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
Jerry Pierre
(@jerry_pierre)

Would this work on a 13” MacBook Air (2018), 1.6 GHz dual-core intel core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz 

ReplyQuote
Hisen
(@hisen)

Wonderful, many thanks I'll test it on my MacPro + Vega soon!

MOKO Smart Bluetooth Beacon

ReplyQuote
killercheung
(@killercheung)

@mac_editor I would like to report the latest script fixed the boot screen stuck problem, thank you!

Macmini 2012 + Sonnect egfx 550 + AMD Radeon RX 570

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@killercheung, thanks for the update!

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  173