Sleep/Wake/Crash Issues - Mid 2014 MBP Mojave/Razer Core X/AMD Radeon 580

Notifications
Clear all

Sleep/Wake/Crash Issues - Mid 2014 MBP Mojave/Razer Core X/AMD Radeon 580  

RSS

Scott Rose
(@scott_rose)

Hello epgu rockstars

Went and setup my my mid 2014 MBP with en egpu Razer Core X/AMD Radeon Rx 580 (Sapphire). Plan to do a build post and post some pics as soon I work this issue out.

Operationally everything works fine .. thank you gurus for your excellent work with the wrangler and purge NVDA setup scripts.

As mentioned on some other threads, my MBP won't sleep properly anymore .. sleep mode sometimes just shuts down the computer. If I leave the computer and it powers down to sleep mode, inevitable it will just crash and shut down.

Any setup/config issues I'm missing. I love the speed this has added to my graphics performance but the instability around sleep and power rest modes is bugging me.

thanks for any insights!

Scott

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ISJ
 ISJ
(@isj)

@scott_rose, did you ever find a solution to this? It makes my MacBook virtually unusable because I’ve set it not to sleep but that doesn’t solve anything because now it drains the battery. Also takes an age to boot and wake now where it was almost instantaneous before....

Couple this with the fact the FCPX refuses to use the eGPU for rendering and it’s pretty useless for me and I might just uninstall the whole thing...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Scott Rose
(@scott_rose)

@isj

As I mentioned, I did get my setup to work but it completely disabled the sleep function and if I left it unattended it would usually be frozen when I returned to my computer. I didn't run it on battery when I had it attached to the egpu so I can't comment on the battery drain.

I didn't have an issue with the egpu being recognized but the sleep situation coupled with the computer freezing after leaving it unattended forced me to uninstall and return it.

Too bad .. wanted to find a way to get this working.

Let me know what you ended up doing.

thanks

Scott

ReplyQuote